My "Appeal" to the "Old-Timers"...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I left for a brief hiatus because of something I said to somebody who kept posting their pictures and saying how ugly they are and I got bashed for telling her that I didn't care for her saying that and wondering that if she thinks she's not good looking, why does she keep showing her pictures?
Yyyyeah, I think I know what that is all about, but now is not the time for reopening old wounds.

Your comeback really brightened the place a little more Daniel, I'm glad to see you back home. :smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yyyyeah, I think I know what that is all about, but now is not the time for reopening old wounds.

Your comeback really brightened the place a little more Daniel, I'm glad to see you back home. :smile:
Yeah, I came back to post about Muppets GetGlue stickers but I stayed for the free snacks lol.

Daniel

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I love MC and I always will. I never want to leave it and this community has been a wonderful support to me over the years.

It is true I have drifted away a little and so has my dear Michelle. But we both intend to stay really. We are sidetracked with various things happening in our lives while trying to plan for when we can get together again. We so enjoyed meeting in person when I spent five weeks in Texas last October/November.:flirt::flirt::flirt:

Still I must admit one thing which I'm sure she would agree with. We were both a little disappointed that hardly anybody posted in that thread we made to officially announce our love for each other. Yes people did post in it to start with but it petered out after a little while even though we sometimes posted updates in it. And even when I made a new thread to declare my big trip to the US nobody really even said a brief word to wish us the best of luck and I'm sure I also declared that we became officially engaged as of the date in November mentioned in my signature. But nobody congratulated us over that as far as I could make out. We were both saddened about this. It did make us feel somewhat rejected. :frown:

But we will never just leave and I hope that MC will return to the feel of a community as I fondly remember it. :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Another culprit of the current, often slightly less interactive MC is the use of the "Like" feature. If, instead of pressing "Like!" (or as well as) you reply to say you like a comment or a post and then add your own two cents (or toon sense), that gives a more interactive feel than simply "like"ing something...because there's no way for the original poster to then respond to that.
I never thought about this before Beau. But it is a good idea to keep in mind. It would greatly add to the discussion/conversation. :smile:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Another culprit of the current, often slightly less interactive MC is the use of the "Like" feature. If, instead of pressing "Like!" (or as well as) you reply to say you like a comment or a post and then add your own two cents (or toon sense), that gives a more interactive feel than simply "like"ing something...because there's no way for the original poster to then respond to that.
(I have a question about the like feature: Is that sorta new-ish to the forum? I noticed that the old posts don't have any likes. )
I understand what you're saying. But sometimes I just like what the person wrote, I don't have any tips or comments or anything. So I press the "Like" button to let the person know I took the time to read their post and liked it a lot! I'm happy enough when someone likes my post

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The like feature is sort of a new feature adapted from Facebook. The only difference is that Facebook allows you to "like" even your very own posts and comments whereas here you can only "like" other members replies.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I love MC and I always will. I never want to leave it and this community has been a wonderful support to me over the years.

It is true I have drifted away a little and so has my dear Michelle. But we both intend to stay really. We are sidetracked with various things happening in our lives while trying to plan for when we can get together again. We so enjoyed meeting in person when I spent five weeks in Texas last October/November.:flirt::flirt::flirt:

Still I must admit one thing which I'm sure she would agree with. We were both a little disappointed that hardly anybody posted in that thread we made to officially announce our love for each other. Yes people did post in it to start with but it petered out after a little while even though we sometimes posted updates in it. And even when I made a new thread to declare my big trip to the US nobody really even said a brief word to wish us the best of luck and I'm sure I also declared that we became officially engaged as of the date in November mentioned in my signature. But nobody congratulated us over that as far as I could make out. We were both saddened about this. It did make us feel somewhat rejected. :frown:

But we will never just leave and I hope that MC will return to the feel of a community as I fondly remember it. :smile:
As I mentioned earlier I've been out of the loop so I had no idea that another love connection had been found on MC. Congratulations you two. It's a special thing when you find someone you connect with and share the same Muppety passion. I found that connection for myself ten years ago when I married the head frog himself, Phillip. Funny enough, my love took me to Texas as well. :smile:

We wish you and Michelle all the best as you move forward together. :flirt: Do you have a date set? And any special Muppety surprises for the wedding?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I seem to come and go. I believe I joined around 2004, but don't quote me on that. I get really busy or I can't think of anything to say and so I stay away for days or even months at a time. I do wish I'd posted more so I could be "remembered" as it were :I I doubt I stand out in any way, LOL. I'd love to make connections and all of that good stuff.

Teheheman

Reaction score
You mean you came for the GetGlue stickers and then you stuck around?...Did the GetGlue get you?
No, I came to alert people of stickers they could've gotten on GetGlue when the movie came out.

Daniel