What Fraggle songs really touch you?

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Now I know, there are other threads that are about Fraggle Rock songs, but this one is different. This thread is dedicated to talking about which of the songs in Fraggle Rock really touch you in ways that you may not know, but if you have any ideas on why the song may touch you the way it does, please say what it is. To start, a song that really touches me is the Friendship Song. There is something magical in that song for me, with Red and Boober trapped under a big pile of rocks with their only hope of escape resting on the shoulders of Gobo, Wembley, Mokey, and the rescue party. I think that this song, and in reality the entire episode, touches me the way that it does is because I only have four very close friends. I have a rather quiet personality (so I don't really talk a lot in public), I am very trustworthy, and I love to read books and talk about Muppets, Fraggles, Disney, and Star Trek mainly, and I watch none of the currently popular shows. As a result, only those people who are older that me and my friends actually know what I am talking about when I start talking about Muppets, Fraggles, or Star Trek. Also, for a long time, I had no friends at all, so my four friends that I do have are very special to me. What is even nicer is that we are all friends with each other, like the Fraggle 5, and I believe that I can trust them with my life, and I hope that they can feel the same way about me. (Also, if you count up all my friends, totaling four, and include myself, there are five of us, just like the Fraggle 5. Is that a coincidence? Possibly.:excited: )

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I rediscovered the Fraggles during a very stressful time in my life and many of the songs became a source of comfort for me. I remember being very inspired by "Catch a Tail by the Tiger" (and marveled at how they managed to use the word "capitulate" on a kid's show, lol).

I used "Now You See Me (Now You Don't)" as a reminder that things aren't always as bad as we perceive them to be.

Also, "We're Part of Each Other" (from "River of Life") because I first heard it during a misunderstanding with a friend and it helped me move past it and try to straighten things out. :smile:

And I think also "Sail Away With You." They probably didn't intend this at the time but having the Fraggles technically sing that to Junior really works. Junior's songs were often about how lonely he was and now here in this song Mokey is singing about the "Cold moon, lonely as can be...don't you sometimes feel like me, wish the friends you dream about were true?"

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I really find the song Brave Alone very touching, because Wembley's fear at being alone yet attempts to be brave is something that I can definitely relate to. Sometimes you have to face your fears by yourself as hard as that may be.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I only have four very close friends. I have a rather quiet personality (so I don't really talk a lot in public), I am very trustworthy, and I love to read books and talk about Muppets, Fraggles, Disney, and Star Trek mainly, and I watch none of the currently popular shows. As a result, only those people who are older that me and my friends actually know what I am talking about when I start talking about Muppets, Fraggles, or Star Trek. Also, for a long time, I had no friends at all, so my four friends that I do have are very special to me.
Wow it's eerie how similar that was to my childhood (including the Star Trek part, lol). Well I was once taught in Religion class that if you only had one close friend, that was enough. It's a lot better than having 10 friends in a petty, underhanded clique. :wink:

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Wow it's eerie how similar that was to my childhood (including the Star Trek part, lol). Well I was once taught in Religion class that if you only had one close friend, that was enough. It's a lot better than having 10 friends in a petty, underhanded clique. :wink:
I have been told that I am lucky to be able to count my friends that I have on one hand.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
How is it NO ONE metioned the Friendship Song? That's the most touching of all the songs! IMO.