My "Appeal" to the "Old-Timers"...

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Am I an old folk or a new folk? I've been on about six years, and remember MopFam and the dorms. It's been great and I look forward to more, more, more!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Am I an old folk or a new folk? I've been on about six years, and remember MopFam and the dorms. It's been great and I look forward to more, more, more!
(Partly because i'm always wary of calling anyone with a Piggy avatar "old folk"), i'd go with "younger veteran"...though the forum status of "well-known member" already works rather nicely!

As for the Getglue issue...i think around here people may come for the GetGlue...but they end up staying due to the Ig Glue.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I for one have each and every intention of staying here. This forum is a place where we can drive ourselves crazy if we wish, and I've been a long time member for almost a whole decade. I have the better part of maybe a year & 8 or 7 months before I'm officially a member for 10 years.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
As I mentioned earlier I've been out of the loop so I had no idea that another love connection had been found on MC. Congratulations you two. It's a special thing when you find someone you connect with and share the same Muppety passion. I found that connection for myself ten years ago when I married the head frog himself, Phillip. Funny enough, my love took me to Texas as well. :smile:

We wish you and Michelle all the best as you move forward together. :flirt: Do you have a date set? And any special Muppety surprises for the wedding?
Thank you Cindy. :smile:

I live in Australia but I plan to eventually move to Texas to settle down with Michelle. We have no official date set though we are aiming for December 2013 and even that isn't firmly planned for we want to make sure we are financially on track and can support ourselves as a married couple. But we are both prepared to wait as long as need be patiently. And we have in fact been discussing possibilities for a Muppet theme in some aspects of the wedding. :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I seem to come and go. I believe I joined around 2004, but don't quote me on that. I get really busy or I can't think of anything to say and so I stay away for days or even months at a time. I do wish I'd posted more so I could be "remembered" as it were :I I doubt I stand out in any way, LOL. I'd love to make connections and all of that good stuff.
I remember you for your unique member name!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hey there Snowthy (and everyone else)!

I do still read the forums about once a day - my biggest problem, in what is going to sound so cliche and lame, is lack of time. I came to MC when I worked a really flexible job with a LOT of down time. And so I had a lot of time to write fan fiction, play games, throw muffins around, etc. Sadly, things have changed for me and I don't always have that much time anymore. And the community here and the Muppets in general ARE still important to me, so I really should make the time. It's just hard working 40 hours a week and another 8 or so hours a week is spent with a traveling Christian music group and the rest of my free time I try to spend with my husband and away from the computer. So yeah. I know it sounds like I'm making excuses. I don't know how to really make it not seem that way.

Much of the time too by the time I am able to get on here in a given day, I don't have much to add to some threads that hasn't already been said. So I do like the "like" feature for that reason, but I agree with Beau that sometimes instead of just clicking "like" taking time to reply with a few words would be nice too.

For what it's worth, I don't even really have all that much time for FB, Twitter and the like anymore. I used to be one of those folks who updated my status every day, multiple times a day and I am not even really doing that as much anymore.

I've also had a slow excuse for a computer at home and just this weekend got a brand stinking new one, so I know that will help a bit in getting me online more at home again.

I have nothing but love for all of you here - and it's nice to know I can "come home" anytime. I'll try harder to say hi more frequently, but I can't make any promises. The more we wish thing could stay the same sometimes the more they change. It's just life.

Oh and yes, I did come out of hiding to wish Beau well on his anniversary - I would do the same for any of my other old friends too, including you Snowthy.

So remember, even if I don't always say hello, I'll be watching. (maniacal laugh)

HUGS AND MUFFINS TO ALL!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hello Beth. :big_grin:

I can understand what you're saying. Things have changed for me as well since I've been living with my mother again. Less time than I used to have for the forum. Plus I spend plenty of time Skyping Michelle.

It's so good to hear from you Beth. Hugs and muffins to you in return. :smile: