OBSESSED!: John Tartaglia

Princeton

Reaction score
Note: Yes, John is singing a showtune, but he's doing it in Muppet voices, which makes this video's inclusion on this forum totally legit. If you don't like showtunes, you have two options: 1) Don't watch the video, or 2) Watch it and keep your flanhole shut.

Anyhoohow, this is a video of Muppet performer (and star of Avenue Q) John Tartaglia singing "On My Own" from Les Miserables- only he's doing it in the voices of some of our favorite Muppets. Enjoy!

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL! That was greatness. John would be so much fun at a party. :cool:

bandit

Reaction score
LOL Hahahahhaha!
Okay, I admit I don't like show tunes but this guy's amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Hubert

Reaction score
LOL Hahahahhaha!
Okay, I admit I don't like show tunes but this guy's amazing. Thanks for sharing.
You don't like showtunes? How is that even possible? I thought everyone liked showtunes!

bandit

Reaction score
Well, okay! I'd better ammend that statement because there are certain showtunes I like. I loved Phantom of the Opera, Sweeney Todd, Chicago, and a few of the bits on Hairspray. So I guess I like -some- show tunes. I liked this guy.

Hm, Buffy the Musical too. Does that count?

Hubert

Reaction score
Well, okay! I'd better ammend that statement because there are certain showtunes I like. I loved Phantom of the Opera, Sweeney Todd, Chicago, and a few of the bits on Hairspray. So I guess I like -some- show tunes. I liked this guy.

Hm, Buffy the Musical too. Does that count?
Oh, that's a relief. I was gonna say...

I mean, really, how can someone completely not like showtunes? That would be ridiculous!

And uh, yeah, we'll count Buffy the Musical for the sole reason of boosting your liking showtunes number up.

bandit

Reaction score
It's the whole OVERsinging thing I don't like. Well that and crooners. But you know what? I love music. I -adore- music! So there's always an exception.

I'm always impressed with the ranges trained voice actors or singers can reach. He did a great job with those voices.

Hubert

Reaction score
I love music also. I think that we should just outlaw talking and make our whole lives one big song.