Who did Jim puppeteer in Do De Rubber Duck?

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
I know that Jim didn't puppeteer Guy Smiley but did Jim do the puppetry for Ernie or Kermit?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That is one of the best songs Sesame ever done because it had so many Muppets in it, with no Frank Oz. It shows that they could be great with or without Frank.

mr3urious

Reaction score
That is one of the best songs Sesame ever done because it had so many Muppets in it, with no Frank Oz. It shows that they could be great with or without Frank.
Imagine what a nightmare it was performing it with all those puppeteers crammed together under the tub. :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd like to know about the making of this segment. In the 40th anniversary book, somebody talked about the making of a segment that required many performers and a big set, they didn't say what scene it was, but I'd like to think it was this one. Can't remember whether the quote came from Kevin Clash or Martin Robinson, but whoever it was mentioned a segment with many performers and a big set piece, the scene was complicated, and then a woman puppeteer (who wasn't named in the quote) accidently fell and caused the whole big set piece to fall. And then they noted that instead of getting angry, Jim said "I think we can do another take".

It didn't say what the scene was, but there are clues it could have been this: It was mentioned Jim was there, the scene had a big set (which could have been the bathtub), the quote was from either Kevin or Marty (they were both in the segment), and the scene had many performers.

Currently The Muppet Mindset is having a three-part interview with Martin Robinson. Part 1 has already been posted, but I'm hoping they discuss Do De Rubber Duck in part 2 or 3. Probably won't happen, but that's what I'm hoping. Actually, on The Muppet Mindset's facebook they asked if we had any questions for the interview on the day the interview was to be conducted. It wasn't until the first part was posted that I wished I'd thought to suggest asking what it was like to work in Do De Rubber Duck (I suggested asking about what it was like to work on FTB and MTM).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd like to know about the making of this segment. In the 40th anniversary book, somebody talked about the making of a segment that required many performers and a big set, they didn't say what scene it was, but I'd like to think it was this one. Can't remember whether the quote came from Kevin Clash or Martin Robinson, but whoever it was mentioned a segment with many performers and a big set piece, the scene was complicated, and then a woman puppeteer (who wasn't named in the quote) accidently fell and caused the whole big set piece to fall. And then they noted that instead of getting angry, Jim said "I think we can do another take".
I should have checked the book beforehand, but I checked, and I was wrong about who the quote was from. The quote was actually by Bob McGrath, who obviously wasn't in the segment. But then again, just because he wasn't in it doesn't mean he wasn't there to watch that day.

Yorick

Reaction score
"Do De Rubber Duck" is one of my most favorite SS moments of all time! So many great SS moments...so many great Jim Henson & Friends related moments in general. We're so lucky to be fans of their creations. :smile: