Favorite little moments and details

bandit

Reaction score
I'm very VERY new to Fraggle Rock (I was born way too late to watch it) but I have seen a few episodes and I like it so far. It has a certain sweet and mystical feeling about it that you don't see in Sesame Street or The Muppets. I love the Fraggles' naivety towards what little they know of the human world and their culture, while goofy, is utterly fascinating. And the songs are great, too.

As for little moments...hmm, I'd say the character introductions for Gobo's friends in the first episode. Watching these characters within a few seconds, I knew Boober was the worry-wart, Wembley was the excitable one, Red was the tomboy and Mokey was the dreamer. Their interactions were just perfect, you can really tell that they've known each other for a long time the first time you see them. That, for me, is a sign of great story-telling.
Here here! I agree completely. Well said, May!

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Also, at the end of Marooned, during the last song, Wembley and Gobo lean against Boober as they are singing. I think that is really touching.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Wow, there are so many favorite moments, it would take me forever to type them all up. The show has very many touching moments, I still get all emotional at times. I'll try to return to post some favorite moments when I got more time to wemble:coy: through all of them and decide what to list here.

Grifoshka

Reaction score
This is an old thread, but I just noticed a funny detail when watching Mokey, Then And Now. When Mokey recites the theme song to Fishface, not only Wembley grunts the last note of the theme (and gets weird looks from his friends), but Boober and Wembley lip-sync the last line and Boober places his head on his hands like he does in the opening. I thought that was really cute.:smile:

RowlfFan12

Reaction score
I think for me, it depends by character. I'll name a few of those characters' moments. I'll try not to take too long.
Gobo: When he tackled Wembley to the ground in "The Secret of Convincing John". Just something about how he ran in and was able to get him on the ground so fast when Wembley ran out of Convincing John's cave.
Mokey: The name of the episode escapes me, but when she makes the rag doll that looks like herself. And then proceeds to dance with it, it's just so cute.
Red: When she finally received her song.
Wembley: Trying to figure out which side of the bed to get out of.
Boober: "I don't know, but I wish I had the recipe".
Gorgs: "Dumb of a Son of a Gun", and all of "Junior Faces the Music". Too many great moments to name just one.
Cantus: When he comforts Mokey in "Mokey and the Minstrels" after she thinks that she failed.
Convincing John: When we see that he is a wembler, and just seeing a more humble side of him.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score

I'm surprised there isn't a Muppet Wiki page for this awesome scat singing snake from "Scared Silly". I love the way he's designed too!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
There's so much going on in Fraggle Rock. The wonderful people who made the show had four seasons to really explore the Fraggles and their world. I wanted a thread where we can mention the little things that caught our notice--either tiny character/puppetry moments, little throwaway lines, blink-and-you'll-miss it details in the scenery--you know, the good stuff!

I'll start out with one I caught yesterday. In 'Boober Rock,' when Boober tells Wembley, "You are a Fraggle who likes to . . . run around yelling 'squeet squeet squat squat.'" Wembley starts to do this little dance, like he just can't help himself. It's adorable. :coy:

Anyone else?
That was the one I was going to name! It's right after Boober says "squeet squeet squat squat", Wembley kind of looks at himself and does the dance, as if to say, "yeah, I guess that IS what I do."

A lot of the little moments I recall (and a lot of the ones listed above) are Wembley & Boober moments. I imagine a lot of that had to do with Dave & Steve being such good friends and working so well together.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole