Remembering Jim Henson...

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I miss Jim. I wasn't even born yet when he died but through the Muppet Show and other muppet productions, I learned more about him. Through his productions, I feel like I've lot an old friend, since he's gone. Jim Henson is my hero and his legacy will live on.

bandit

Reaction score
http://soundcloud.com/banditt13/this-is-my-tribute

http://soundcloud.com/banditt13/im-going-to-go-back-there

I don’t need to say much more than I’ve already said in this except perhaps to explain why I chose this song in particular. There are literally dozens of songs that would have worked or even been more appropriate for this. Some, I imagined others might use so I felt it best to leave them….But it isn’t just that….

For me, this song is sweetly and sadly nostalgic. It speaks of longing and of wishing for a future that holds something that has been lost or past. Maybe it’s something in our childhood or a lost love. Maybe it’s just an era. Whatever it is, it’s no longer present and yet the hope is to somehow reclaim all of that for ourselves. When I think of it this way, it only makes sense that I choose it. It kind of touches on so many of the reasons I think we are all here. Something of us….something of them….almost all of it thanks to Jim. That’s worth holding onto.

bandit

Reaction score

I have a feeling Henson would get a kick out of these today.
(I snagged these from Youtube. Credit goes to THEM, not me.)

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Jim Henson is dearly missed, but lives on in his work.

In memory of Jim Henson I've uploaded "An Evening with Jim Henson and Frank Oz" to YouTube, which as far as I know wasn't on there before.

Sound isn't great, but I believe it's the best there is.

Ha, I uploaded the same thing in parts just last week! Yours has better quality though.