New Sesame Street cast member with nose ring

Animal31

Reaction score
Whether she may be from India, or anywhere else, as a parent of two I see nothing wrong with it. Why should it have to be explained?

I'm tattooed and pierced and have raised my kids not to be judgemental of a person before you know them...

Princeton

Reaction score
I'm tattooed and pierced and have raised my kids not to be judgemental of a person before you know them...
And good for you! My concern is directed towards the more jaded parents who may not want their children to see it on Sesame Street.

Animal31

Reaction score
Then one of two things can occur, Sesame Street will teach the adults as well as the children about tolerance, or the adults can change the channel.

If this is the biggest issue for parents to be concerned with then there is a problem....but that's just my 2 cents.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I'm bumping it because in the four years since this thread's inception, I've seen the nose ring thing really catch on fire among women in general, and not just those who belong to the Indian culture in some way or form; it's not an exaggeration to say maybe half of the women I know in real life have some form of a nose ring, whether it's like what we see Leela wearing, or even one of those that look like bull nose rings. And even on Patrick Wartburton's new sitcom his, his wife on the show (who kind of looks and dresses inappropriately for a woman her age, but that's besides the point) has a huge stud in her nose.

So, again, I think it goes back to the post I made years back about how SST keeps up with the times as far as real people go.

Princeton

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I'm bumping it because in the four years since this thread's inception, I've seen the nose ring thing really catch on fire among women in general, and not just those who belong to the Indian culture in some way or form; it's not an exaggeration to say maybe half of the women I know in real life have some form of a nose ring, whether it's like what we see Leela wearing, or even one of those that look like bull nose rings. And even on Patrick Wartburton's new sitcom his, his wife on the show (who kind of looks and dresses inappropriately for a woman her age, but that's besides the point) has a huge stud in her nose.

So, again, I think it goes back to the post I made years back about how SST keeps up with the times as far as real people go.
Nothing wrong with necroposting, my friend. Is the new Warburton show any good?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is the new Warburton show any good?
Considering I'm not a fan of sexual deviance in today's entertainment, I'd say no; but, if you're a fan of his (and admittedly, I am, it's just not enough of a warrant for me to check it out), I'd say at least take a gander for yourself.

To me, it looks and feels just like his previous sitcom, only with sexually active twentysomething daughters moving in.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Waaaaayyyy off topic, but...

but, if you're a fan of his (and admittedly, I am, it's just not enough of a warrant for me to check it out), I'd say at least take a gander for yourself.
I'm disappointed that even though Patrick wanted desperately for this to come back as an internet show, he's not going to be a part of the new The Tick series because he chose another mediocre sitcom over it. I'm not going to lie, I did like the live action The Tick series to an extent. The Die Fledermaus and American Maid expies sucked, and they pretty much ruined the show for me. It's one of those subtext vs. "now we can actually say it" deals between the characters and their expies, but that's another whole thing. But Patrick Warburton was the best thing about that show because he encapsulates what made The Tick great in all forms. He certainly plays a type, and I like him when he plays it, be it Kronk, The Tick, or even that one episode of The Batman where he's Bruce Wayne's bodyguard. I honestly would rather they just did an adult swim animated TV show in the vein of Venture Bros (as some of the writers wrote past The Tick projects including Karma Tornado and the animated series) than a new live action show. But I'd also rather Warburton not do another awful series like Rules of Engagement where he doesn't do or say anything funny.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I kind of feel like Patrick Warburton's in a similar league as Steve Carell in that his voice work seems to be a little more enjoyable than his live action work. Puddy was an amusing character on SEINFELD, but he seems to bring that same type of performance to his other live actions roles; his voice work, on the other hand, he get really let loose and fly all over the place. His character from BEE MOVIE is like nearly psychotic if his perfect little world is turned upside down by a bee: "WHY IS YOGURT NIGHT ALWAYS SO DIFFICULT!!?" That kind of meltdown performance seems like it would be really fun to see him do that in live action.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly just hate Rules of Engagement. I mean, even in Seinfeld, Puddy was kind of a moron with a little bit of a manchild dudebro in there. His role in ROE was just married guy. The thing is I really wanted to like ROE, since I needn't say how much of an Emperor's New Groove fan cuz everyone kinda knows that. So I was like "DUDE! A sitcom with Kuzco and Kronk? Sign me up!" And like the 2 times they actually were on screen together, it actually was kinda fun, but I really think as far as writing goes, they really didn't give Warburton anything to work with. It's like I also wanted to like Till Death and then 2 episodes in it was just, okay...this is just King of Queens (same writers and everything) only all the fat jokes have been replaced by tall jokes. And it's like somewhere down the line they knew the show was pointless and they made one character paranoid that he was in a TV show because it's different enough or something. GAH, I dunno.

Steve Carell seems to be inspired heavily by Don Adams and Leslie Neilsen in his striaghtfacedness. I mean, that's pretty much why he starred in the Get Smart movie (a perfect fit) and he even produces a show obviously trying to be Police Squad as a CSI show (that's actually pretty good). But Pat's problem in ROE was all because the show was just bad. Though they did make a reference to our favorite Muppet, Scooter, so it's not all bad.

But I'm just disappointed because Pat really wanted this new The Tick series to happen and he was aching to star in it, only for him not to actually be in it when it happened. Even the creator of The Tick didn't want to bring the character back (supposedly) and he's working on it. Though I still think it needs to be animated. The biggest problem with the live action series was its budget not allowing for actual Super Hero stuff. Can't imagine an even smaller budget's going to help this.