Kermie's Girl (ushy-gushy fanfic)

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Wow nice update- I like the back and forth between Rory and Piggy; he is so right and that Piggy should tell Kermit everything and visa versa!! Ugh it makes for a great storyline but them not talking to (and hugging, kissing, etc.) one another is driving me crazy!! Please let them see each other soon before my heart bursts!! :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
After reading the new chapter...

An awful man mugged Piggy? And he grabbed on to her purse? And a nice stranger helped her?
Dejávu from TMTM, the scene at the park all over again.

Scribbler had no feelings of fear and loathing. In Las Vegas? Oh, yeah, we're in New York now, forget that.

"Surely you have someone else who can work the red carpet."
Apparently Scribbler's boss is unversed in classic comedy. You're supposed to reply, "Yes, and don't call me 'Shirley'."
Also, Scribbler's boss threatening to send him via cargo hold... More TMTM self-referencing.

An anteater tekkie sweeping for electric bugs.
:smile: Cute, cute joke.
And it seems either Fozzie or Scooter missed the memo about classic comedy as well.
:embarrassed: "That's a lot of coincidence."
:wink: "You can say that again."
:embarrassed: "That's a lot of coincidence."

Very much liked the ending segment with Salesclerk Layla and Scribbler.
Thank you for posting, we've missed you too.
*Leaves jar of chocolate ants as a very belated birthday gift for the frog and a second full of honey-glazed peanut clusters for the bear.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------
Aha! The plot thickens ever more!

:news: Nevermore?

Halloween's months off. Hush.

:news: I'm not wearing the raven costume again.

Are your ears broken? HUSH. We must review!

:news: *grumbles in background about a scoop passing by*

This is MARVELOUS -- typos notwithstanding. :wink: (Couldn't resist.) First, LOVE that Rory has worked with Piggy long enough to see through her facade and get to at least the generic gist of the attack. I'm wondering, though, if he WILL clue the frog in when things become even hairier, as things involving Muppets are wont to do. (OR feltier. Whatever.) Good that Piggy now has a couple of someones she can trust, even though she has good reason to doubt Fleet's trustworthiness, given their past. I do hope she follows Rory's advice, but hey, that pig is stubborn as another farm animal.

:halo:Farm?

Not you too! HUSH, ALL of you! *waist for rhubarbing to die down* Ergh. Anyway...

I also laughed at the anteater-debugger joke. He's the regular pest control? Woot! Poor Fozzie...the back-and-forth with him and Scooter was engaging and cute. Third base! And yes...we know Piggy's sudden star role on Broadway was orchestrated, don't we? Which will be even more demoralizing to the poor girl when she finds out, as she really does deserve that sort of chance to shine even without someone meddling behind the scenes!

And Fleet...man. I snickered throughout his sullen dressing-down by the Big Uggy Boss. STILL have no clue who that is, which bugs me.

:embarrassed: Maybe you should call the anteater.

*rolling eyes* Last time I try to do this with all them around. LAST time I swear...

Fleet's subtle attempts to stick it to the...er...man?...were wonderful. You actually have me hoping the little schmuck can pull off a turnaround in his life, if not his love life. Hmm, secret phones...I get the pink one...but why a third?? Who else will be in on this conspiracy to keep the pig safe? Will Piggy take a chance and pick up the call when she next visits the store? I'm actually glad for once Fleet wasn't beaned with a blunt object. Intriguing! What's his plan, or is he winging it?

:cluck: Bawwk bukawk.

Yes I KNOW he has no wings. Figure of...oh never mind...

Glad you're posting again! More! More!

:boo: Less! Less!
:sleep: Ho ho ho ho!
:boo: No, really; Les Hampstead. Old boating chum of mine. He's in the fourth row.
*both, waving* LES! LES!

And with that....
------------------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:smile:: We've come to the end of another review post. But before we go, let's give one more hand to our fabulous chapter and the author who posted it. Yaey!
*Tosses hand onto stage.
UD: Now that's my kind of joke.
*Band starts playing the end theme.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Just for clarity: Piggy's job offer was, indeed, genuine. It wasn't that no one had wanted her for their production--it was simply that no one thought she might leave Kermit for another opportunity before. But with rumors about their relationship being on the rocks proliferating like crazy, it didn't seem like a bad time to ask.

Seymour set up the viewing by the talent scout who came to see her work, so he was--in a sense--responsible for her being offered the Broadway job, but he was just one connection and if it hadn't been him, it probably would have been someone else pushing the deal. The man that accosted Piggy in the pass-thru between the Elvi's show and her own show was really just trying to feel her out about her availability, but he took the "feeling her out" part a little too literally and wound up with broken ribs for his trouble. Still, his word back to HIS boss, who took the word to Lowry, and then the offer went to Marty and then Marty called Kermit...you know the rest. At least, you know what has happened so far.

But there is still that lady who made a snide comment about Piggy's hair....

Hope that helps!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that does help clear up some of the nameless character appearances from Vegas to Broadway. Thanks, hope to read more.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Good job, Ru! Post more so I can find out what happens next for piggy and kermit. thanks!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
A little late to the party due to the moving, but wow! Definitely was nice to sit down (oh frog, how nice it was to sit down!) and catch up with this newest chapter.

Why are you making me like Scribbler? Well, I don't like him and he's still shifty, but...I guess he's cool for stopping Seymour 'Crazy Stalker' um...what's his name. I do like Rory though, for knowing Piggy well enough to give her some good advice and for keeping an eye on her.

:search: - okay, so I has some theories, h'okay? While the offer for Broadway was a genuine one, the stories about the pig and frog have been orchestrated to a higher level, in which to cause the offer to come in.

I'm with the bear on this...

:embarrassed: You are?

Absolutely! You see, who's ever behind this knows they can't get to Kermit directly, right? Cause everyone loves him. So, what do you know when you've got a beloved star you wanna take down? You take down those around him - namely the pig. HOWEVER! While the pig was a big thing, they also know the bear is his best friend and would of course love fan mail, so what else?

Send him a device which will demagnetize the film in which he's starring in (Fozzie is starring in Fozzie's Angels, right? I figured him to e the mysterious voice or Bosley). And then of course there's the gofer, right? The personal assistant who would of course take the burden for the film being ruined.

Yeah, yeah! That's it!

Oh, I got this case all wrapped up. Except...

Who's behind this? Is it Scribbler's shifty and underhanded boss? I put him in the lead. Seymour Stalker Crazy Pants (I'm calling him that from now. That is his name now)? He's angle is more on Piggy. I mean, think about it - destroying the studio and Kermit's name would only make the pig go back to him, not leave.

Scribbler? Not smart enough, but enough of a lackey to follow orders.

A villain from the Muppets past? Definitely, but who?

Such a good rousing mystery!!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Wow nice update- I like the back and forth between Rory and Piggy; he is so right and that Piggy should tell Kermit everything and visa versa!! Ugh it makes for a great storyline but them not talking to (and hugging, kissing, etc.) one another is driving me crazy!! Please let them see each other soon before my heart bursts!! :wink:
So sorry, Arianne. I'm not quite to the kissing and hugging yet--here, but as I was working up the NEXT segment, I remembered a little snippet that might tide you over. I posted it here:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/restoration-pg-13ish-please.51550/

I hope that helps just a little while you're waiting!

Ru