KT's Muppet Stuff

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
I like to draw.​
A lot.​

So here's where I'll be posting my Muppet and puppet related artwork. The characters I've been drawing lately are from BitBBH, but I will eventually get to frogs, pigs, fraggles, and monsters. :big_grin:

I'm going to start with a couple of older drawings that I'm not ashamed of. x)​
Just a sketch of Treelo from a year or two ago. It was a while since the last time I had drawn him and I wanted to see if I still could. I was debating whether I should put my glasses on him or not. I didn't want to erase anything, so I left a faint outline in case I put glasses on him later; whenever I get to finalizing the drawing.​
A Tutter sketch based off of a scene in "The Little Big Visitor" where he dresses up for Grandma Flutter's arrival.​
I have a ten-page character study I wanted to put up, but I don't have the time for it now.​
Expect to see that some time later on. :smile:

Misskermie

Reaction score
Wow, those are really super good! Really! Very close to the actual characters!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
You did an amazing job, KirbTreelo05. I hope you have a good Father's Day with your dad.

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
Wow, those are really super good! Really! Very close to the actual characters!
You did an amazing job, KirbTreelo05. I hope you have a good Father's Day with your dad.

Thanks! :smile:

On to the character study:​
Around the time, I wasn't satisfied with the way I drew Bear, so I tried to find another way to draw him. Bear was (and still kinda is) a complex character for me. I'm used to drawing things with a more simplified anatomy. For my new method of drawing Bear, I wanted to make him in a way where he would be more expressive and cartoony, but still keep his Muppet-ish qualities; sort of a blend of his 2-D-self (like in coloring pages) and his puppet self.​
I started doodling in the upper right corner, found something close to how I imagined him in my mind, and then experimented throughout the page. My old sketch book is a little bigger than my scanner, which is why some of the edges are darker and more blurred. I purposely darkened the area around my notes in case anyone wanted to know what I wrote. I don't really write them much to help me, but mainly to humor myself. :stick_out_tongue: I wanted to start drawing Bear more, but at the same time I was afraid to draw him because I didn't want to mess him up. What he's saying in the full body sketch is what I imagined his response would be.

Some more experimenting with paws and facial expressions. I don't think I used reference here...I should have... >.>

Tried working on a better way to draw him at a 3/4 angle and succeed! Tried drawing him in the same angle with the rest of his body and failed. x_x I wanted to give Ojo a try as well.

Tried drawing a full-body Bear again; still trying to figure out his anatomy (and still wondering if the positioning of his feet make sense...), came back to the page later to draw some different views, another practice sketch that turned into Ursa, and decieding what type of roses I would be using for her shawl.

Did I say character study? It’s more of a species study now that I think about it...Anyways, here's some deeper practice with Ojo.

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
Some Ursa practice. I was strugglin' to find a good pose for her and I still don't really care for the one I went with. I decided it would be better for her eyelashes to be showing when they're closed or partly open.

I wanted to make a gender comparison page, but the rest of the drawing wasn't going as planned. So I started fooling around with it. Bear was less than amused. x3

I tried making another gender comparison page with a more successful result, but I hate how flippin' stiff their poses look! :mad: Argh, those mini sketches...Ursa looks like an old bear. >.< I have no comment on Ojo. Bear looks ok though.

Like I said, I was struggling with finding inspiration for good poses, so I found some pictures of real, stuffed, and cartoon bears and roughly sketched their figures. I'm not sure if this actually helped. xD Heh, they kinda remind me of the Fighting Wire Frames.

And here is where I currently am in drawing theses characters. I'm happier with the poses this time around and I have a better understanding in how to drawing the adult bears. The first sketch is based on the Pip and Popcorn minigame from the show's Playstation game. The second is based off 0ne of Ojo's stock photos. I didn't know what type of motion lines would work best for her pose, so I didn't add any...
I think Ursa was another sketch that was originally supposed to be Bear. I didn't feel like drawing her rose. Or the detail in her fan. Or her shawl. Or the rest of her body for that matter.
For the last one, I wanted him to make a "Oh, you..."/"Good one!" expression, but his body looked more like it was going in a different direction and I went for this view. I thought the expression I gave him looked rather "trollish", so I tossed "UMAD?" in there. Doing this reminded me of a friend who loves using that face and trolling in general, but really hates Bear for some reason. I sent a picture of it to him through my phone and he still has replied back to it. He mad. :3

That's it for now, I'm working on a mouse study at the moment and I'm also trying to put some OC's out on paper for an ongoing comic I want to make.