• who's adele

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • mo you fool! how can you hate adele!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Hubert

Reaction score
Who? *blink*
That's what I was thinking when I saw this...

But I have heard one of what I guess was her song, according to HeyButtahfly, "Rolling in the Deep," which, I don't know, it seemed like though it could go the "traditional song about relationships" thing, it seemed like it could also mean something more, like, really inspirational in a different way.

bandit

Reaction score
I've heard so much about Adele and, honestly, I don't think she is anything special either. She's a good singer and she can carry a tune, sure. But I'm going to have to agree with Hubert here. She is bland. She doesn't stand out to me. There is nothing in her style that offers anything anyone else of that genre does. *shrugs* I don't get the big fuss.

Hubert

Reaction score
That's all modern day stuff is...all a bunch of big fuss over nothing. I'd really hate to see what would happen when a really exceptional talent steps out...

bandit

Reaction score
Well, the thing about music is its so subjective and so personal. There are plenty of great artists both in the independent circles and in the mainstream. The problem is that when one thing sells, everyone wants to get on that bandwagon and then we have producers and stations promoting very similar sounds. Even so, I can sometimes get down with some of that too. Music is what you make of it.
Adele is a reasonably good artists but so are so many others who sound similar.

Hubert

Reaction score
That's the issue with anything: music, movies, TV...Like, do we really need 28 new adult sitcoms? Do we have to have 8 reality shows about basically the same thing? I'd like to see people try something new for a change. Let's make something in one of those fields that is not commonly done right now...I want to see more variety in this stuff. All the music that ever seems to be released anymore always sounds its same weird self. Every new TV show seems to always be some strictly adult show, some reality show, or some show aimed at small children. Like, can we jump into the unknown waters and come up with something else? Even something that used to be popular...could we try to bring it back?

bandit

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying. Its not that those things don't exist. There are plenty of people who think and feel that way. I don't disagree at all. There are many creative people putting out some very good stuff. Its not mainstream but its out there. :smile:

Hubert

Reaction score
That's the other problem: there are people creating new, good stuff, but it doesn't sell, so it either doesn't do well, or it gets shot down in the early stages. I think that a lot of TV networks don't want stuff anymore that is more family-friendly, as it doesn't sell as well. It's all about the money anymore it seems, people have lost focus of what is truly and morally important.

bandit

Reaction score
Hmmm that's harder to say. It's kind of like the chicken and the egg thing. Are we a more jaded society or is the media telling us we are. ^.^ Who can say?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's the issue with anything: music, movies, TV...Like, do we really need 28 new adult sitcoms? Do we have to have 8 reality shows about basically the same thing? I'd like to see people try something new for a change. Let's make something in one of those fields that is not commonly done right now...I want to see more variety in this stuff. All the music that ever seems to be released anymore always sounds its same weird self. Every new TV show seems to always be some strictly adult show, some reality show, or some show aimed at small children. Like, can we jump into the unknown waters and come up with something else? Even something that used to be popular...could we try to bring it back?
Whaddya think I've been TRYING to do all these years?

Misskermie

Reaction score
I LOVE ADELE! All I will say. That's just your opinion Mo.

Reactions: mo