Votes: 5 38.5%
  • who's adele

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • mo you fool! how can you hate adele!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's all about the money anymore it seems, people have lost focus of what is truly and morally important.
The business has always been about making money. It's just that in years past it made the effort to produce a decent product in order to get said money. In recent years they've started to realize they can save money by pandering to the lowest common denominator with reality shows, etc.

Hubert

Reaction score
Whaddya think I've been TRYING to do all these years?
I know what you've been TRYING to do all these years. And I am supporting you all the way.

The business has always been about making money. It's just that in years past it made the effort to produce a decent product in order to get said money. In recent years they've started to realize they can save money by pandering to the lowest common denominator with reality shows, etc.
That's my point: they're doing too much trying to save money and trying to make money. I don't care if you make money, just please do it with a nice final product...

bandit

Reaction score
Ooo! This reminds me of a debate I had with a friend of mine once. It was whether or not liking a movie made it a good one. MY argument was that you can love a movie just as well knowing it isn't a good movie (In technical terms) as you can knowing it is the Citizen Kane of its era. IT doesn't have to be a good movie to be loved. He staunchly argued that if you love it then it's good. 9.9; Pffsss! I call BS on that. I can name a dozen movies I KNOW are just ridiculous and I love them as much as the more thought provoking and artistic films in my own collection.
In my world, Requiem for a Dream and Black Swan an Schindler's List exist right next to Romy and Michelle's Highschool Reunion and The Orphan. Or at least, that's what I see when I look on my shelf. ^_^

So Adele is the same thing. I may not think she is any more or less talented than anyone else in her genre but maybe, just maybe there is something in her voice or arrangements that speaks to you in a way that is much more personal. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. THAT'S what music is all about! It's audio Rorschach. What YOU perceive is what YOU get.

mo

Reaction score
Well, it's always been in the Muppets' nature to mingle with the day's hottest celebrities.
I don't know if adeles hot...but she is popular...
(blond moment)