What went wrong with Muppets from Space?

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Maybe I go a little nutty with pushing my opinion as to why I dislike MFS, but here it is:

Kermit and Piggy have this awkward: "we're broken up yet we live in the same house and have the same friends" vibe going the whole movie.

Sure, Piggy says 'Kissy kissy' to Kermit as she's leaving for her job on UFO Mania, but, it was forced and he doesn't react at all, he just completely and totally ignores , which is more awkward interaction.

I mean, I get that Frank Oz couldn't be on the set much and all of that, but, couldn't there have been a quick aside about their relationship? Whatever the status of it was, a little more info on it would have been nice.

I just hated how awkward they acted around each other, it felt like that couple who breaks up and still has to work together and quite frankly, things were WEIRD between them!

Kermit didn't even get jealous during the 'You are beautiful sweetheart' bit. I get that Piggy used the mind mist for that, but, Kermit had gotten more jealous just seeing Nicky Holiday remotely near Miss Piggy in GMC.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Regarding the Kermit and Piggy relationship, I am surprised Piggy didn't consider using the Mind Mist on Kermit. Or maybe it would have been funny if Kermit made a subtle worried reaction when Bunsen presented the invention to Piggy (or maybe he did and it's so subtle we didn't notice :smile:).

And she didn't use it on K. Edgar Singer when he showed up with the gun? At the very least she could have tried to use it and it ended up being empty.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Regarding the Kermit and Piggy relationship, I am surprised Piggy didn't consider using the Mind Mist on Kermit. Or maybe it would have been funny if Kermit made a subtle worried reaction when Bunsen presented the invention to Piggy (or maybe he did and it's so subtle we didn't notice :smile:).

And she didn't use it on K. Edgar Singer when he showed up with the gun? At the very least she could have tried to use it and it ended up being empty.
That's true, I would have loved to see her spray Kermit and maybe he could have snapped out of it at some point and had no idea what happened and that could have lead to some pretty great humor!

As for not using the Mind Mist on K. Edgar Singer, I think even if she had the 'please load weapon' part would have been less funny, but that's just what I feel.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Maybe I go a little nutty with pushing my opinion as to why I dislike MFS, but here it is:

Kermit and Piggy have this awkward: "we're broken up yet we live in the same house and have the same friends" vibe going the whole movie.

Sure, Piggy says 'Kissy kissy' to Kermit as she's leaving for her job on UFO Mania, but, it was forced and he doesn't react at all, he just completely and totally ignores , which is more awkward interaction.

I mean, I get that Frank Oz couldn't be on the set much and all of that, but, couldn't there have been a quick aside about their relationship? Whatever the status of it was, a little more info on it would have been nice.

I just hated how awkward they acted around each other, it felt like that couple who breaks up and still has to work together and quite frankly, things were WEIRD between them!

Kermit didn't even get jealous during the 'You are beautiful sweetheart' bit. I get that Piggy used the mind mist for that, but, Kermit had gotten more jealous just seeing Nicky Holiday remotely near Miss Piggy in GMC.
Can I just please give you a big virtual hug? And just say if I could like this a millon times I would. XD

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Kermit got more jealous on The Muppet Show and he definitely got jealous when she did her own show *The Fabulous Miss Piggy Show* but like I said that's like the biggest issue I had with this movie was that it was like they were strangers. There was no chemestry or dynamic between them at all!!! I was like REALLY?? :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That would have been awsome, Drtooth. I seriously think you should help re write and direct this movie, and release it again. :smile:

Yeah... an unsolicited script full of Kinnikuman references. I'm sure they'd go for that.

I touched upon that a while ago. Piggy and Kermit seem to not really be there in the film anyway. You could have done the entire movie without Kermit and Piggy, and I don't think anyone would notice. They're their for branding reasons, and little else.