What surprised ( or shocked ) you?

galagr

Reaction score
Did any character in any production ( I know, it's too specific ) say or do something that shocked or surprise you? It shocked me in the Loretta Swift episode when Kermit fired Piggy. Well, maybe it's not THAT shocking. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm shocked Kermit didn't fire her sooner. I'm just kidding! I love Kermit & Piggy!!! I was shocked at Kermit's love confession to Piggy in the recent film. Lol! I never thought I'd see or hear the day when Kermit actually admitted he needed Piggy. I'm even more shocked he's carried that outside the film cause normally before he would just say their relationship was only for movies. But now in interviews he's admitted they've been together for 35 years. :smile::mad:

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah. Pinkflower just said basically everything I was going to say when I clicked on this thread...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'll be in more shock if he ever decides to put a ring on it but hahaha that's not gonna happen in this lifetime. :stick_out_tongue:

galagr

Reaction score
I'm shocked Kermit didn't fire her sooner. I'm just kidding! I love Kermit & Piggy!!! I was shocked at Kermit's love confession to Piggy in the recent film. Lol! I never thought I'd see or hear the day when Kermit actually admitted he needed Piggy. I'm even more shocked he's carried that outside the film cause normally before he would just say their relationship was only for movies. But now in interviews he's admitted they've been together for 35 years. :smile::mad:
I also found it weird that the frog was chasing the pig, instead of the pig chasing the frog.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I should say out of everything I was shocked that Kermit in the film actually said the "L" word! Yep that four letter "L" word that I never thought existed in his vocab. "Maybe you don't need the whole world to LOVE you, maybe you just need one person." Haha I gotta say that whole confession was pretty deep for Kermit. I know it was a serious moment but I always joke even the look on Piggy's face when he's telling her all this is like "Who are you and what have you done with the real Kermit?" LOL!

Oh and not once but twice!!! TWICE!! He has said the "L" word!! He said it when they were on The Bachelorette! And I don't care if he was under the threat of Piggy or not he actually said "I only love you" and you could tell me meant it!!! The sincerity in his voice was totally there!!! Because like I said he could've just as easily changed the subject or ran off stage like in The Muppet Show days but he didn't!!!

If you watch their recent interviews that they did when promoting the film and even after Kermit has been totally consistent with his answers when it comes to Piggy. Heck the frog wasn't even afraid of having kids with Piggy when the question was asked at one time! It's nice to see them ACTUALLY acting like a couple! Took us 35 years and a movie but hey we got there! LOL!

Hubert

Reaction score
See, I don't like it that much. To me a great part of the chemistry of the Muppets is that Piggy is chasing Kermit around and Kermit disapproves. I'm curious though, what Frank has to say about this, and what Jim would...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
You should know that even when Jim was alive he occasionally as well had Kermit admit they were together. It was more after MTM though. I always joke for Jim it depended on his mood if he wanted Kermit and Piggy to be a couple or not. Lol! If you watch his last apperance which was on Arsenio Hall he had Kermit admitting they were together. Unforuntaely I don't know if that was a new root Jim was taking because he past away shortly after.

Hubert

Reaction score
I do know that...but they never did it on such a large basis, as a movie. That's what makes me curious...would Jim have supported it, especially since he had been a little back and forth on it?