Avenue Q- Lucy Replica Help?

FoamAndFleece

Reaction score
I'm trying to build a Lucy (the S***) replica, and I need help with her body. How should I make the hourglass figure out of sheet foam? On another note, what are the tubes that go through the puppet body for? What are they made out of?
Any help would be appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!

FoamAndFleece

Reaction score
Thanks, but I meant a pattern of sorts or where to cut in darts to make the waist skinnier? Also, the tubes I meant were for all the Ave Q puppets. It's like it's attached from the head, forming a "neck" going through the body. It's really weird. I dunno. :/

davidmartiste

Reaction score
Also, the tubes I meant were for all the Ave Q puppets. It's like it's attached from the head, forming a "neck" going through the body. It's really weird. I dunno. :/
The neck sleeve is so the head can move independently of the body. If the head were sewn with a small neck directly to your body form, you would have to move the whole body in order for the puppet to look side to side. With a neck sleeve, you can have more subtle movements of the head without moving the whole body. Make sense?

FoamAndFleece

Reaction score
OH! Ok... Wow... Thanks! Can you just make it out of the fleece, and then just attach it to the bottom of the body?

davidmartiste

Reaction score
OH! Ok... Wow... Thanks! Can you just make it out of the fleece, and then just attach it to the bottom of the body?
Indeed. Some builders will make the top of the neck sleeve in the fleece and the bottom in a cheaper fabric but, you can certainly use all fleece if you prefer. Attaching to the bottom of the body is the way to go.

Melonpool

Reaction score
Also -- make sure the stretch of the fabric goes HORIZONTALLY. If it goes vertically, then the neck will get longer as the years go by. If the stretch goes horizontally, it'll be easier to get the puppet on and off as well.

FoamAndFleece

Reaction score
I didn't see this until AFTER I put on a tube for my Rod replica- by chance I did it right! Thanks! :big_grin: