New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZootxJanice2468

Reaction score
A new movie? Sounds spanskidîllyboptastic! I hope they can at least fit Clifford in it.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
We know nearly nothing about this yet and what little info we know appears to be exaggerated.

• Just because Kermit and Piggy are going to be important to the plot does not mean the movie will be mostly about them.
  • Because of this, the Electric Mayhem could still play a very important role in the movie.
  • The addition of new characters mean that old characters will be bumped.
  • Clifford's inclusion depends on the writers and Kevin Clash's schedule. Segel wanted to focus on the classic characters last time, but he's gone now so it's anyone's guess who they'll include.
It's a new ballgame!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
So what? It's still fun to speculate and guess what might possibly in the next movie. I wasn't on this forum when the previous film was released but I bet the same thing happened wayyyyyy before it came out. Kermit & Piggy are gonna be an important part...like that was any surprise? That's almost a given so technically you can exclude that.

As for the rest that's why I said there's no point in people making another thread for it when there is NO NEWS about it and probably won't be till sometime next year. So yeah it is a new ball game. :sigh:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
So what? It's still fun to speculate and guess what might possibly in the next movie. I wasn't on this forum when the previous film was released but I bet the same thing happened wayyyyyy before it came out. Kermit & Piggy are gonna be an important part...like that was any surprise? That's almost a given so technically you can exclude that.

As for the rest that's why I said there's no point in people making another thread for it when there is NO NEWS about it and probably won't be till sometime next year. So yeah it is a new ball game. :sigh:
Speculation is great as long as members don't shut down the speculation of others in favor of their own. That's no fun. And like I said, just because Kermit and Miss Piggy will reportedly play a prominent role in the story does not mean it will mostly be about them. It just means they will be part of the central focus. The Mayhem and other characters could have important ties to the focus as well. Heck, even Clifford is a possibility. Nobody knows.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think so too! I miss the prominence of the Mayhem.
The Mayhem has been a lot more prominent in the last few projects than they were. If there wasn't too much going on in the last film, I'm sure they would have squeezed a number in somehow. But I'm glad they at least got to sing a verse of something at least. That's more than we can say for the last 3 theatricals. But the talk show performance of "Can you Picture That" and that Tree Lighting performance prove that can come back with full force.

The problem is, a script that has the luxury, an a film that has the running time of giving them 2-4 minutes to sing something, be it germane to the plot or not (hopefully germane to the plot, Night Life didn't have much of a punch to it compared to Can You Picture that or You Can't Take no For an Answer).

I hope the script is much looser this time around, with less bulky plot points (you could make at least 2 movies out of what they had... maybe a trilogy), and more time for Muppety wackiness. And hopefully the editors don't take a hatchet to key points, either.

Speculation is great as long as members don't shut down the speculation of others in favor of their own. That's no fun. And like I said, just because Kermit and Miss Piggy will reportedly play a prominent role in the story does not mean it will mostly be about them. It just means they will be part of the central focus. The Mayhem and other characters could have important ties to the focus as well. Heck, even Clifford is a possibility. Nobody knows.
The problem with speculation is that every hypothetical usually winds up misconstrued, it turns real, and then there's a panic about something that's not going to happen. Look at every time they bring up the Fraggle Rock film. Someone always speculates that there's a chance that the surviving cast may or may not be able to perform, and that always leads to blind panic about who's going to replace who, and if such and such is going to be CGI instead... and it just goes off from there.

That's the dual problem. We want excitement for the film, and there's a lot of enthusiasm, but you can never tell when an update may pop up. And if excessive muffining happens, the thread just becomes avoidable (unless you want to contribute to muffining). I don't think we've quite reached that level.... but we have to admit, it's going to be a long time coming for any news one way or the other.

There's ALWAYS a tricky period of silence when they tend to the project, and you'd better be ready to not hear anything for quite some time.

bandit

Reaction score
Not that I don't agree with what you've said, because it is mostly pretty spot on and true, Dr. Tooth, but I still think its kind of fun to see what ideas get tossed around on threads like this. So long as it's clear these ARE only speculations....which I think most people have the sense to know that much (although....there are some....) then what's the harm in it? Even when people flip their lids over the Fraggle Rock movie (And boy do they ever) it's all in fun. I think the worst thing you could do on any forum is take things or yourselves too seriously.
So, speculate, debate and just enjoy the ride. And if you don't, like you said, you can always avoid the threads.

I know that's kind of an aside but I have noticed occasional huffiness on some of these threads and it's always over something goofy.

Status
Not open for further replies.