Brothers and Sisters

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Finally, it's everone's favorite chapter: the end!
Wow! That was quick. Very short ending. Did you run out of ideas for this one or this is where you planned it all end for now? I thought surely the way Chapter 12 ended, there was more to come for another chapter or two, but great ending anyway. Makes me wish I could call up work and delay going in another day or two so I could spend some time in Fraggle Rock, hehe. :coy:

Thanks for doing the story, it had my imagination running wild, just like all your other stories. Always love how you can paint out the scenes in words and then I can see it all playing in my head like a movie. Especially when you include some pics to go with the story.

Look forward to any future pics or stories that you may post in the near future. Thanks again for all the cool Fraggle stuff you do.

Tom

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Wow! That was quick. Very short ending. Did you run out of ideas for this one or this is where you planned it all end for now? I thought surely the way Chapter 12 ended, there was more to come for another chapter or two, but great ending anyway. Makes me wish I could call up work and delay going in another day or two so I could spend some time in Fraggle Rock, hehe. :coy:

Thanks for doing the story, it had my imagination running wild, just like all your other stories. Always love how you can paint out the scenes in words and then I can see it all playing in my head like a movie. Especially when you include some pics to go with the story.

Look forward to any future pics or stories that you may post in the near future. Thanks again for all the cool Fraggle stuff you do.

Tom
I couldn't agree more, Tom. I loved Fraggle Rock as much as watching other Muppet-related things. This is great! Thank you for posting, Slackbot. You did a wonderful job! Staying everyone in character and coming up with ideas of what the Fraggle Rock movuie should be. I am trying not to get carried away, but if there is a Fraggle Rock movie in the future, I cannot wait to go see it.

Slackbot

Reaction score
This is where I always planned to end this story. The themes were Scooter & Skeeter connecting a little more as brother & sister, Sage and Janken reconnecting in a slightly different way, and the Grosses meeting the in-laws and being welcomed into the Fraggle family (which also expands the Fraggles' contact with the rest of the world without endangering them). When all three arcs are finished, it's time to finish. Of course, the characters are free to have whatever fun they want to have now that they're not being observed. Who knows what they get up to when the camera is off?

I never meant the Idgie digression to seem as important as it apparently does. That was simply supposed to be an incident that Skeeter feels embarrassed about, now that she realizes what it says about her. I suppose I should not have named her, but I wanted to reference Idgie Threadgoode from Fried Green Tomatoes, which is who I was thinking of when I wrote her.

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed this, 'specially those who posted here to stroke my ego or provide constructive criticism. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to hear (read) that you can see the scenes in your mind and that the characters are true to themselves. For me, without characterization you got nuthin', and I strive to make my stories vivid.

There is actually one more part to this fic. It's my usual "parting shot." Expect it this weekend.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Okay! I will expect your challenge, Slackbot. You have a good rest of the day then.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Slackbot said:
There is actually one more part to this fic. It's my usual "parting shot." Expect it this weekend.
WHOOPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<ahem> <does NOT have an unusually strong attachment to your usual "parting shots" and does NOT get unreasonably excited to read them> <ahem> <shifty eyes>

Yes, anyway... At some point, when bedtime is NOT fast approaching, I will review the second half or so of the story as thoroughly as I did the first half or so. Until then, please know that I absolutely adore this story, particularly Sage... but really, the whole thing. Absolutely wonderful.

Slackbot

Reaction score
TogetherAgain, I love reading your comments. I'll look forward to 'em. In the meantime, here's the aforepromised parting shot:

Brothers and Sisters
Special Feature: The Outtake Reel
by Kim McFarland

Chapter 2

Take 1:

[Scooter, Skeeter, and Janken are sitting at a campfire.]

Skeeter: So when're you getting married?

[Janken and Scooter react with surprise.]

Janken: [to Scooter] Why, are you pregnant?

Scooter: No. Are you?

Janken: Of course not. You lost the coin toss, remember?

Take 3:

Scooter: No, are you?

Janken: Um, well... [sheepish smile]

Take 7:

Scooter: No. Are you?

Janken: Not yet.

Skeeter: Can we please do this scene, Janken? I've got a lunch date.

Chapter 4:

[Skeeter, Scooter, and Janken are walking through the woods. Skeeter finds some fur snagged on a bush. The three puzzle over it for a moment.]

Janken: Maybe someone's dog got loose?

Skeeter: [doubtfully] Maybe.

Scooter: That's Fraggle fur.

Janken: How do you know?

[Scooter bends down and picks up Traveling Matt's white hat.]

Chapter 5

[Everyone is in the Great Hall. Poncle is sitting on Red's shoulders.]

Poncle: Look what I can do with my tail!

[Poncle wraps her tail around Red's neck, then falls backwards, choking Red.]

Chapter 8

[Janken and Scooter are alone on the mossy side of a pond in a cozy cavelet.]

Scooter: Are you trying to seduce me, Mr. Fraggle?

Janken: Would you like me to?

Chapter 9

[Scooter is plucking on the strings of the guitar, trying to find the chords. He picks out the first few notes of the song. Gobo plays the same notes. Scooter looks up, then plays another few, which Gobo imitates. Soon they are playing Dueling Banjos.]

Chapter 11

[Sage and Janken are sitting side-by-side, arms around each other, behind the Gorgs' garden.]

Janken: I'm sorry, Sage. I didn't realize how you felt. I do now. My pajamas were so soft, and they smell perfect. You must have used a new mossie. And the blueberry quickbread... you remembered that's my favorite. Thank you.

Sage: You've got another family in Outer Space now. I'm glad that you're happy with them. But... while you're here, couldn't you be my mother too?

[They stare at each other for a beat. Then both begin giggling.]

Scooter and Skeeter are copyright © The Muppets Studio, LLC. Gobo and Red Fraggle are © The Jim Henson Company, LLC. All copyrighted characters are used without permission but with much respect and affection. Janken, Sage, and Poncle Fraggle and the overall story are copyright © Kim McFarland (negaduck9@aol.com). Permission is given by the author to copy it for personal use only.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. If I could pick a favorite out of all that...

Scooter: No, are you?

Janken: Um, well... [sheepish smile]

I got a ROFL out of Chapter 2, Take 3. Clever Janken, clever... :wink:

Slackbot

Reaction score
There are several outtakes to the outtakes. Jan came back with some answers to the "Are you pregnant?" line that were a touch risque by Silly Creature Standards. And Poncle forgot her line and instead of remarking on how "skinny" Skeeter is, asked where her baby was. Out of the mouths of babes come germs...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:sigh: Germs? I warned you all! ! !
*Scurries to get his breathing mask and cleaning supplies.

Oh great, you just set off a chain reaction of epic proportions.
Run, before the cleaning starts!

Slackbot

Reaction score
I think that Boober stopped freaking out about baby germs after Sage was born. There's nothing like regularly getting spit-up (and worse) on your fur to inure you to that kinda thing.