So We'll Go No More A-Roving, for Fear of Furry Monsters

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Wow! A double-dipper! I actually beginning to feel something for Eustace--mostly revulsion--but still, something....

And the big boss in YOUR story is tres creepy! Maybe we should introduce YOUR big ugly boss to Scribbler's boss, unless, of course, they happen to be the same person.... Wonders about that....

I like Rhonda's insistence on manners in the face of adversity, and even more that she used the word "dollop." Such a fun word. Dollop, dollop, dollop. Cavort...cavort...cavor--where was I?

Oh. Oh! The number of people watching MNN. That fascinates and baffles me, that people would actually watch that by choice, but then, people watch reality television by choice, too, so there's no accounting for tastes.

I like the irony that Gina is going below while they are going above to look for her, and I appreciated your grim little word play about "catching the cab." (Stay away from Moishe!)

I was wondering--if the monsters are going to start eating everyone, could they start with the irritatingly smug lawyers that are renting out the theater? Just saying.... I don't have anything against lawyers, per se--some of them are wondermous--but that whole group just strikes me as needed to be taken down a notch or two, and I understand being partially digested and then, er, eliminated is pretty effective. Oh! And if we're voting, I'm still voting for Van Neuter to be the appetizer. Nasty little cretin....

I am still hoping that all formerly consumed people and muppets and, yes, even other contestants are somehow, magically, um, reconstituted (It's that easy! Just add water!) at the end.

Oh--and I loved YOUR little nod to Pinky and the Brain. So nice to have another grown-up who was around back in the heyday of subversive cartoons!

Keep going! You're almost there! (And please don't let Piggy wear her good feather boa when the monster's attack--it is sooooo hard to clean....)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey! We watch MMN, and it's got some good shows on. Mostly. Okay, I share Rhonda's sentiment, reruns just eat up your time when you've got nothing else to watch.
Van Neuter's not so bad... I'd suggest you read a sweet ficlet by BeakerSqueedom titled Happy Anniversary, Beautiful! in her entries in the FLI.
Should note that I find elements from different baddies being used for the Underlord, which only adds to the suspense of when he makes his grand ascent. But I have to say... Targeting Muppets specifically to make 31 of them be the ritual-required sacrifices to demoralize the public? That's Mistake #2. Yes, some of us will grieve over the losses (knows the Muppets will pull through somehow and it won't come to that), and then there's the other group of people who will demonstrate their determination by hunting down the Underlord and executing him with extreme prejudice for such atrocities. Let's roll!

You get points for the line referant to classic animation Dame Ru mentioned above. But I vonder if either of you remember the villainous hamster Snowball? Or the fact that the labmice ended up moving into a spinoff with Elmyra?

BTW: Who's Jeanette, the assistant Piggy has?
That's another nice little detail. Thanks for making me add such a detail for my planned July ficlet.

Thoroughly enjoyed and laughed and applauded the SST gang showing up at froggy babbeee's house.
*Concerned with how Newsie's plight seems to mount what with most of the Muppet crew not believing him or caught up in their own hubbub.

So John Lamb got eliminated for the finale. Too baaaaaaad.
C'mon, you know I had to use that joke, the bear gave it to me. Maybe I can throw it away? Nah, it'd just come back to me. :fishy:

Captain Slurg, piranha creature.
Burt Wolf-Thing, expert sniffer.
Andy Goblin, second in command.
If they're going to grab a bite, can they grab Seymour? After all, he's the one supposed to feed them...

The creature carrying out the caterpillar shrieking, is that the second Susan from I Married a Monster!?
*Voice: She's not Susan!

A white storm, and so it begins.
31 sacrifices.
Round and round.
At the pumpkin hour.
Shall loosen the demon' underground.
(Yes, I caught the detail of the time at which the event has been scheduled to take place).

*Wonders if Uncle D can generate enough of his blue lightning to cause the force bubble to implode on itself granting him his freedom.
*Wonders where our blue and pink interstellar associates got too, I've noticed their absence here and abroad.

Okay, I think that's everything from these past chapters. Thanks and hope to read more when you can post it.
You too Dame Ru, update please?

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Oh. Oh! The number of people watching MNN. That fascinates and baffles me, that people would actually watch that by choice, but then, people watch reality television by choice, too, so there's no accounting for tastes.
I fully admit to be a fan of the Anna Nicole Show back in the day. My friend and I were obsessed; we don't know why, it just one of those shows that you couldn't NOT watch, even when you knew you shouldn't.

Oh--and I loved YOUR little nod to Pinky and the Brain. So nice to have another grown-up who was around back in the heyday of subversive cartoons!
That was high school for me; in fact, every Wednesday afternoon before band practice, we had our cartoon block with Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Batman: The Animated Series. Am I the only one who remembers what I called the Steven Spielberg block on Saturdays on what used to be the WB?

TT, Animaniacs, Pinky & the Brain (sometimes), Freakazoid, and Road Rovers (no one ever remembers RR :frown: )

So I think I just muffined this. So very sorry. I again wonder about Uncle D, who was so rudely, yet valliantly captured chapters ago.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait... Road Rovers was a Spielberg creation? Guess it fits.
*Walks away trying to identify the species of monster by the smell.
Aardvark, no. Abominable, no. Acromantula, no...
That's a reference to an episode, so that should make you happy WMG.

TTA, Animaniacs, BTAS+Superman TAS, DTA, that was my high school watching too.
Then they added Pinky and The Brain, Freakazoid and Hysteria!, along with Toonsylvania which was vastly under-explored.
Of course, I benefitted from the fact that Fox Kids' Golden Age was in 1992 when I started high school and still had good sight. I got cartoon crushes from some of those shows. :flirt:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Embarrassing story: I did not have children of my own so I had to subscribe to the local WB Kids newsletter for my niece. (I don't have any nieces.)

(And would anyone here like to start/participate in a thread about the AWESOME voice casting for Batman: The Animated Series. There were some WONDERFUL funny castings, as well as some dead-clever dialogue and some great visual puns. I ADORED Harvey putting half-and-half in his coffee....)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Since you mentioned Harvey, I have to give you 2, 2 quotes! :batty:

From Second Chance.
Penguin: If I were to settle my business with him, I'd do it face to face, to face, so to speak.

From the poker game episode.
Harvey: Half of me wants to strangle that pretty little neck of yours.
Poison Ivy: And what does the other half want to do?
Harvey: Run you over with a steamroller.
Poison Ivy, to the table: We used to date.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
That last quote was from, "Almost Got Him," which was one of the best episodes. Another favorite of mine was, 'The Gray Ghost" (Parts 1 & 2). Can you guess why I like that ep so much? (We should really start a thread....)

I had a sudden inspiration about "Roving" last night (while I was up finishing a paper). Newmanfan, sweetie, why don't you give Van Neuter one of those little caterpillar thingys as a present?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, and there are details of things I used to watch that I'd completely miss now, like for example... At the very end of that episode, when Selena muses on how she almost got the bat, we see he put her in heart-shaped handcuffs.
There happen to be dueling 90's cartoon threads in the General Discussion section, maybe we should table this talk over there.
:excited: And I'll be the chair, and :dreamy: can be the chandelier!
*Leaves cinnamon pecan muffin for Kris.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Muffins! NOM nom nom nom nom nom...

:insatiable: Hey! You eat all the cookies??

Uh...no. Actually, I made pumpkin scones last night. Here...have one...*yanks fingers out of the way*

Uncle who? Yip who? No idea whom you guys refer to... *looks at ceiling innocently, whistles*

The pumpkin hour. I like that. I'm using that, Ed. :smile:

More soon...still wrangling my way through plot notes...this is where things get really, REALLY hairy...

Herry Monster: Uh -- hi! Did you call me?

NO. And Ru and I already did that joke this morning. Shoo.
--------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you may have gotten Herry Monster in on that joke... But did you also mean to get Hairy Monster in on it too?
:batty: Who?
You know... The shaggy monster from the disco, who had trouble with the In Door and the Out Door?
:batty: Ah yes, now I remember him.

BTW: Did you know Behemoth's name is Gene? Bill named him that in honor of his brother.