Days Before Chromakey

Walter

Reaction score
If you have access to a large flat panel monitor, you can usually get them to display a blue screen whenever there's no video inputs to them. They work great as an evenly-lit bluescreen.
Yeah, That's how CNN in Atlanta does alot of their stuff, But they only use it when they need to obscure set pieces..otherwise they just display the image on the moniter.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Knowing how much Jim liked to experiment with different techniques, do you think if he were still alive today, the Muppets wouldn't be relying on chromakey so much?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anyone know how they managed to have full-bodied Baby Rowlf dance about, and flip onto his head in the crib during the "I'm Always Gonna Love You" from MTM? It doesn't appear to be chromakey, but his movements look too fluid and lively to be remote control.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Anyone know how they managed to have full-bodied Baby Rowlf dance about, and flip onto his head in the crib during the "I'm Always Gonna Love You" from MTM? It doesn't appear to be chromakey, but his movements look too fluid and lively to be remote control.
I believe there was someone behind the crib, controlling him through a hole in the wall.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You would think, I know that's how Kermit managed to stand on the bed in GMC (because of the lighting, you could see the shadow of Jim's arm coming out of the wall into the back of Kermit's head)...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I thought someone was behind him. It looks kinda thought it was a marionette, but there's no way they would've gotten him upside down like that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Let alone his mouth being able to move as if someone's hand is in it.