Sgt. Floyd Pepper Replica

HandsomeFrog

Reaction score
Is there any word on such a thing? I would buy one for any amount of money.

Animal31

Reaction score
I've seen a few people on here who made their own in the past....

Not sure if they were for sale or not?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
http://creatureclones.tumblr.com/tagged/Jim-Henson

They are the top Muppet replica sellers on the net, but I'm not sure if I would recommed it or not. I've read controversy but I've chatted with the guy personally on email telling him that I didn't want to break copyright and he told me they are not replicas but artist renditions. lol (aka same thing in my opinion) But other than that, If anyone ever gets one, please someone post pictures on the forum, I'd love to see them. They look like quality work.

Also a note, the replicas that don't look accurate are old ones, the ones that are accurate are the latest photos I think. :smile:

Good Luck getting Floyd :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I really wouldn't trust this guy. I know he has had many lawsuits filed against him for selling copyrighted characters, and there is a whole thread of controversy that I will link to. I hope you can find a Floyd for sale later on, but keep in mind the price it will cost :sing:
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/i-might-be-buying-this-pepe-replica.49327/page-2
Yeah Exactly. That's the forum I remember reading. I'm not sure if I mentioned but even though I would love to own close to a real Muppet on the palm in my hands, I would just hate to break copyright infrigment.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yeah Exactly. That's the forum I remember reading. I'm not sure if I mentioned but even though I would love to own close to a real Muppet on the palm in my hands, I would just hate to break copyright infrigment.
I mean it's okay if it was like a trade or something fan to fan because your not putting money into it but when money is an issue, it's like buying a bootleg in my opinion.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Yes, it is okay if you make somebody a puppet as a favor, but if you make any sort of profit off of those copyrighted characters, you are in trouble.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yes, it is okay if you make somebody a puppet as a favor, but if you make any sort of profit off of those copyrighted characters, you are in trouble.
Yeah. And as a Muppet fan, I'd hate to their hurt copyrights. I remember seeing that Kermit puppet on eBay and the little angel and devil sort of thing well maybe not so black and white. But I did fell a huge amount of guilt and thought, no, I can't. It's against Copyright and the money isn't going back to help The Muppets productions in anyway. It's kind of like downloading films off the internet which of course is totally illegal. Someone could build a giant DVD collection from stuff from downloads of complete sets and CDs that are in lots of money in value and you can live like a king but think again, your favorite artists, they aren't getting the money which of course in me makes me feel guilty. Basicly the main reason why I don't illegally download. I stick to itunes and Amazon :smile: But of course, there's legal reasons. Millions and millions you have to pay or end up in jail.

But anyway yeah a Floyd Puppet would be cool. I'd love to make some Muppet replicas again when I have enough money for materials and learn how to use a sowing machine and learn more skills working with foam and such.

Though I do know if you search movie prop web sites, some one was selling an actual Fraggle puppet from Fraggle Rock as well as screenshots to prove that it came from the show. It's rare, really expensive, but if you got enough money, it's worth it :smile:

vic

Reaction score
Interesting thoughts on copyright... What I can can't quite grasp is if there is money exchanged it is wrong but if you make one it's not... Hmmm, let's see so if you could make your own Kermit or Gonzo it's not wrong? .... I think yes it still is because we are utilizing a pattened idea that even though it is for none profit we are still infringing on intellectual property that the owners of the patent won't get a dime for. So the truth is that if ethics and morals are stopping us from get buying one ... Well then they should stop us from making one also, don't you think?
I for one buy as many as I can get my hands on from talented puppet makers :smile:!!!

The day Disney desides to sell the real thing I will buy it from them but that will never happen because that would kill the magic of the muppets.. You see they weren't meant for everybody to have, it's kind of if David Coperfield sold his tricks, what do you think?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Interesting thoughts on copyright... What I can can't quite grasp is if there is money exchanged it is wrong but if you make one it's not... Hmmm, let's see so if you could make your own Kermit or Gonzo it's not wrong? .... I think yes it still is because we are utilizing a pattened idea that even though it is for none profit we are still infringing on intellectual property that the owners of the patent won't get a dime for. So the truth is that if ethics and morals are stopping us from get buying one ... Well then they should stop us from making one also, don't you think?
I for one buy as many as I can get my hands on from talented puppet makers :smile:!!!

The day Disney desides to sell the real thing I will buy it from them but that will never happen because that would kill the magic of the muppets.. You see they weren't meant for everybody to have, it's kind of if David Coperfield sold his tricks, what do you think?
Well If you make your own version, your just expressing fandom. That's just my opinion. As for building your own, unless you want to someday work for one of their workshops or just for practice. That's like learning how to draw a cartoon character you like. Me personally, I don't get too much into all those ethics myself. But everyone has the right to their own opinion. :smile:

But yeah It's good that they don't sell the real thing unless you'll pay them lots so it would go to more production if it's one that's warn out. They'll be scrapped or binned anyway. But it's mostly security reasons.

But yeah, I'd love to own something close but I'm kind of two sided about it personally.