Season 40 - 42 episodes now available for purchase on YouTube

ssetta

Reaction score
I just discovered that last month, a bunch of episodes from Season 40 - 42 became available to purchase on YouTube. These episodes have already been released on iTunes, but I wonder if there's an advantage. The only thing is, do you know if they're available in HD on YouTube? I know that on iTunes, you actually have to pay more for the HD version, which I can't understand. Is that the case on YouTube as well?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just discovered that last month, a bunch of episodes from Season 40 - 42 became available to purchase on YouTube. These episodes have already been released on iTunes, but I wonder if there's an advantage. The only thing is, do you know if they're available in HD on YouTube? I know that on iTunes, you actually have to pay more for the HD version, which I can't understand. Is that the case on YouTube as well?
Two things.

The real news is that they have episodes for purchase from older seasons (but probably the same as iTunes as well).

Secondly... pay Sesame Street? REALLY?!?! You don't even get to download or own these episodes. You have to pay 2 bucks to watch them. And I don't know how that works, since I'm not about to go to Youtube to pay for legally uploaded stuff to watch once. If I have to pay for legal crap, I want a hard copy or at least data that I can OWN. or at least have the pleasure of going to the movies and seeing movies that just came out.

I know SW needs more revenue streams, but forcing people to pay for watching crap? I mean, if it was Disney, Viacom, or Warner Bros and they opened up their archives... fine... but we have people who have the same SS episodes who put them up for free. I really hope that doesn't put them in any jeopardy.

Come on, SW... you're better than that.