Rumor: Studio DC continuing in 2012

muppetlover123

Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_DC:_Almost_Live
Found this info on the Studio Dc almost live wiki......

There are rumours that Disney are planning two more shows set to premiere in 2012 and a Christmas special. It is currently unknown if this will go ahead; however the previous two shows were successful so it's most likely to go ahead

Dont know if we can trust this but if this is true however Walter and 80's Robot will appear and maybe Johnny Fiama and Sal? Sal could be preformed by Tyler Bunch

dwmckim

Reaction score
That section has a "citation needed" tag attached to it. Given that it begins "there are rumors that..." and those rumors haven't popped up anywhere else that i'm aware of i'm guessing this is the latest example of some teen somewhere learning the difference between Wikipedia and a fan fiction forum.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Yeah idk just thought it might be i saw the citation thing too ha just a hope...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the Muppets are going in a different direction now.

Exactly.

Studio DC was made back in the day when Disney wasn't too sure about what they wanted to do with The Muppets, so they shipped them with already popular Disney Tween Pop shows to try to sell The Muppets to a younger audience.

The movie was more or less a success because it made back it's low budget (yet, why aren't we taking DVD rentals and sales into account? That's the money maker right there), but it also, it brought the characters back into the public eye. Muppet Merchandise keeps selling out at Disney (yet, they don't restock), and they're headed to a second film.

Disney doesn't need to grasp at straws to sell the Muppets anymore. They already have sold them successfully to the public. In fact, they aren't even marketing their Tween Pop stars as aggressively, either. They're doing what they're best at... Muppets, Phineas and Ferb, Pixar characters, Marvel characters, and actual Disney characters.

However, I'd MUCH rather something like this:
Phineas and Ferb are going to team up with Marvel Heroes in a TV special next year.

All I'm saying... Marvel Muppet Mash-up.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
That sounds cool! Marvel and Muppets! I feel like Phineas and Ferb is just getting old now. They build something, Candace tries to tell mom, fails, and invention dissapears. They need some new format. This Marvel thing sounds like a good idea.

HandsomeFrog

Reaction score
Spider Monster is kinda like Marvel Muppets...but it would be cool to see something like that really play out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Parody doesn't really count. Especially when it's a different branch of Muppets not owned by Disney.

I'm talking an official mash up, the way Darth Tater was a legal collaboration between Hasbro and Star Wars, as they have the license to make Star Wars toys. Only more like a TV special or something.