Fears of disharmony, mistakes, misunderstandings etc

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Anyway I might have mentioned this before but I rarely used this part of the forum. But what I really enjoy about it is even though it's just us fans connecting to each other online, there's such warmth, caring and understanding and I sort of want to join in or be a part of it a little bit.

Anyway there's this personal fear I kind of like to bring up. I mean, I can have a pretty irreverent and even dark sense of humor at times but behind that, I'm very sensitive, sometimes too sensitive. lol

And I think one of the many reasons why I took a few years break from going on message forums was misunderstandings due to communication with text and just how people say things. Some people say things in a certain way that might seem like "Oh my God, they're mad at me or I annoyed them, what should I do" and I remember years ago just that feeling that even though it's just the internet, I just want to stop what I'm doing and contact the person and appoligize but sometimes that makes it worse because they would be like "For what? I was just agreeing with you" or something like that. Or even when people say "Oh I don't want to talk about it" I've been in situations where I would feel upset like, I'm a caring person you can trust me...But sometimes I got to remember, It's not about me, don't blame myself, don't worry, it's only the internet. lol

I used to be really really bad in terms of appoligizing and bringing up worries about a conflect that's always been solved.

I guess the best way to discribe myself which might be confusing to some is according to Myers Briggs / Carl Jung Personality Science. I'm an ENFP. Meaning that I'm very very very very very Talkative. Probably why my posts tend to me long plus I'm a writer. lol, I'm creative, Very very sensitive and think with my feelings mostly and non-judgemental.

Anyway sorry, I don't really have much of a point to make about this. Basicly, I worry about people misunderstanding me text or in person. All that stuff. Long story short, I only got one good friend in my life but we've known each other and hung out for over a decade.

It's just hard to find people who love wacky sensitive of humor that are Muppet / Cartoon nerds like myself. You know what I mean?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oh how I could sing many ballads of misunderstandings and of me no talking the words good

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Join the club. I think a lot of people feel the same way on here to a degree. Creative people can be sensitive, or sometimes socially awkward, and sometimes it's hard to articulate your feelings online and hope people understand your point of view. But just be yourself, and I'm sure people on here will be receptive to you, and a good friend or two might come out of it. If not, hey, their loss.

Dr. Fuzzy's shingle is always out. Open on weekends too. Drop by anytime. :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Join the club. I think a lot of people feel the same way on here to a degree. Creative people can be sensitive, or sometimes socially awkward, and sometimes it's hard to articulate your feelings online and hope people understand your point of view. But just be yourself, and I'm sure people on here will be receptive to you, and a good friend or two might come out of it. If not, hey, their loss.

Dr. Fuzzy's shingle is always out. Open on weekends too. Drop by anytime. :smile:
Cool thanks :smile:

Yeah it's kind of tough for me in my social status and social life because to me it seems where I'm at in my life there's more quiet adverage people and not so much talkative artsy humor cartoon puppet nerds such as myself :smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Dr Fuzzy has shingles? Aw man. You didn't do the vaccine? :wink:

Re: interweb chat misunderstandings...very VERY common, mupcollector. And some people -- not so much HERE thank frog -- but some people are not happy unless they make idiot drama happen wherever they go, and will blow small misunderstandings waaaay out of proportion. Try not to let any of that get to you, ever. There are no vocal intonations online...no body language visible...no windows to the soul of another except for silly avatars and ridiculously abbreviated chatspeak. Easy to mistake happiness for disinterest, and disinterest for something worse...

If you think you've offended someone, nothing wrong with saying sorry! A reasonable person will understand that you're simply trying for better communication. Unreasonable people...well, why talk to them anyway? :smile:
--------------

Hubert

Reaction score
Misunderstandings do seem to be a major problem on many sites...as Newsie said, most of it tends to be from not having voice emphasis and stuff like that. And the other half of the time, it seems to be from people just not reading what you write. I mean, I've been accused of cyberbullying someone before just because that person did not read what I typed clearly enough and misunderstood it. :sigh:

I have noticed though, that misunderstandings aren't really here too much. I think a lot of it is that there seems to be a vibe around here that if you say something that could be taken as a mean comment, you just assume that that person was just joking around in saying that...I guess some of it has to do with the nature of people on sites.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yeah, Like I get some misunderstandings on here too. Probably the reason that I didn't contribute to the forum for many years but now I try not to take things personally. Especially if someone starts up something political or something that I didn't mean for it to become or if I type a lot and I'm thinking that I just annoyed them because I'm a writer and have lots of thoughts that I just type out and stuff. It's crazy but I'm slowly learning not for it to get to me as much. There's a little anxiety in my mind but I try to calm myself down trying to thing, No one hates me personally, they aren't going to come to my door and beat me up or anything extreme like that of course. lol

But yeah it's sad that there's a bunch of punk kids on the net with their trolling games and upsetting people. It's sad that no one ever goes out there to stop it on social networking sites and youtube. That's why I like forums better, Because if the worst ever happened. Contact a moderator. :smile: