Muppet Convention Thread #2: Where Should it be Held?

Ceris

Reaction score
No matter what the choice, it means some travel time for me. I do like the idea of Greenville, if they are, in fact on board. Could they host a great deal of people? Do they have facilities for something that may grow? Either way, I've got a long travel time ahead of me when it does happen, so the most important thing is lots of notice for planning and saving and please, not during the school year. If at all possible. I live in eastern Canada, so Eastern US does make my life easier.

bandit

Reaction score
Hi Ceris!
Well, for the moment this project is in kind of a holding pattern while we are in negotiations with one of the big companies. We may have to reevaluate our approach to some of this but we still hope to put on a celebration of sorts. The plan was to aim (roughly) for the summer of 2014. Sooooo, that much is in your favor. As for Greenville, we are also in the talks with them.
I know that seems like a big nebulous answer but that's more or less where we are right now.
I promise to update as we go along.
Still, we appreciate the input-- ALWAYS!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
One thing I was thinking about, as really nice as it would be to have this convention in Jim's hometown and much cheaper than a major city, like Ceris said, does Greenville have the accommodations to host such an event? You have to take into consideration people will be coming from possibly all over the world, and will need access to easy/affordable transportation, restaurants or at least someplace for people to get a quick bite to eat. It's always good to have a local pharmacy nearby for any toiletries, medical needs, etc.

bandit

Reaction score
Those are precisely some of the questions we asked them. ^_^ Like I said, for the moment, we're very much in a holding pattern. Many things are uncertain but I think these issues will be resolved soon and then we will be able to proceed as we need to and, of course, you guys will be filled right in.

catherine

Reaction score
could you guys get us some pictures? are the muppets, themselves going to be ther? I would love that if we had one of them over in the uk.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
could you guys get us some pictures? are the muppets, themselves going to be ther? I would love that if we had one of them over in the uk.
Everything is on HOLD right now. We are currently in negotiations at this point. Once we know more we will let you know.