Actual "Snowth" Pronunciation

How do you pronounce "Snowth"?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hubert

Reaction score
This came up in another thread. How exactly is "Snowth" pronounced? I always was sure that it was officially "SN-AW-TH," but now I'm beginning to think it might not be...any insight? Does anyone know if the word has ever been said in a Muppet production, or even by anyone from the Muppet crew?

galagr

Reaction score
Hooray! Someone made a thread on a question I had! I think it's SN-OW-TH.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Never knew there was a question about it. But then again, I never really thought about it. I alway's assumed that seeing how it was spelt like growth it was pronounced like growth. But listening to Hubert's link they pronounce it as it rhymes with "now"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've never heard it mentioned on-screen. It's a shame the species name was never spoken on-screen in any productions.

I remember when I first saw the name written, in the Muppet Hits album, I had my mom look at it and asked how it was pronounced, and she thought it was said as "Snow-th", and for years I went around thinking it was pronounced that way (on a similar note, one of my friends say Mahna Mahna's name written and thought it was pronounced "Mana Mana", and I went along with it for years despite how it was pronounced in the song.

And then I read about how it was originally spelled "Snouth" (why oh why did they change the spelling by the time of the album releases?).

Hubert

Reaction score
Right...I know that it was, but I do for some reason believe that I heard that it actually was pronounced "SN-AW-TH," in order to sort of differ from the original one. I could be wrong, though.

Do remember though, Craig Shemin's pronunciation might not be 100% accurate. Look at Rowlf's pronunciation (which no one is still sure of). Even some of the Muppeteers had different pronunciations on that one. We still need more info on the Snowth pronunciation here...

Vincent L

Reaction score
That's true. Working at a company doesn't make your pronunciation "official". People with all kinds of accents work at a company.