Actual "Snowth" Pronunciation

How do you pronounce "Snowth"?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That's true. Working at a company doesn't make your pronunciation "official". People with all kinds of accents work at a company.
Somebody needs to ask Frank Oz, Jane Henson, or Jerry Nelson while they still can! Assuming any of them would know.

galagr

Reaction score
I could ask Caroll Spinney, in a letter I'm about to send out. But Frank Oz would know, seeing as he DID perform them.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Before I saw the snout+mouth thing, I pronounced it snow-lith.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I thought it was SN-OWE-TH at first and when I listened to this interview, my mind changed my way of pronouncing Snowth, SN-OW-TH.

Rowlfy

Reaction score
I heard on an interview Snowth like 'tooth'

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Considering that the name is supposed to be derived from the words "snout" and "mouth", and considering that they were intended to be cow-like creatures (even though they look nothing like cows), I always pronounced it as "SN-OW-TH", however, it seemed to me that most other people around here pronounced it the way it's spelled, "SN-OWE-TH", so I just avoid actually saying the word at all costs when I speak because I don't know how the Elmo it's supposed to be pronounced!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I've always thought it was SN-OWE-TH. Its easier and less awkward to say :smirk:

ProboSowa

Reaction score
I always thought of it as "SN-OWE-TH". I see "snow" in the name so it just clicks like that for me.