Think I found an inside-joke on Jem

VP Weirdo

Reaction score
A was watching an episodes of the Marval Productions/Hasbro tie-in series Jem on Veoh a few weeks ago when something made me do a double take! Specificly in the episode titled "Scandal" during a series of flashback scenes to Kimber's childhood (a little more than 17 minutes in), you can see what clearly looks Gonzo's stuffed chicken Camilla on her dresser and Fozzie's teddy bear beside her bed.
Watch it here and see if you agree:http://www.veoh.com/watch/v10219199ExmNrKwX

VP Weirdo

Reaction score
Well it's been just over a week since I set up this trend and so far no else is writen in to say either "I see it too" or "You're imagining things." So I offer up a bonus.
Here's another of Jem episode where it seems like a transitional object from Muppet Babies was snuck in. This time (at the 10:46 mark) what looks like Fozzie's teddy appears as a hologram immediatly following a Transformer.
If your planning on sitting through the episode be forwarned: it's a quite a tear-jerker for some! Also since it's mostly a backstory episode, some things said and done might be a rather confusing if you're not already familiar of the premise and most of the characters of this series.

Walter

Reaction score
I see it! That's very possible that it could be an intentional refrence to the Muppet Babies. Gee, The Hub sure has been a "Hot Spot" for Muppet activity huh?:smirk:

VP Weirdo

Reaction score
I see it! That's very possible that it could be an intentional refrence to the Muppet Babies. Gee, The Hub sure has been a "Hot Spot" for Muppet activity huh?:smirk:
True that. Although I'm sure who would've likely been behind this reference. Margaret Loesch (the women behind The Hub) was an executive producer for both shows, but the only major connection was the score composer Robert J. Walsh. Of course both series were also produced (in part) by the know defunct Marvel Productions, so there is that connection.
I just noticed that my last link wasn't posted for some reason. Well here it is "Out of the Past" and again I warn you it is an very backstory driven episode and it's one of the saddest of the series. Again the teddy follows the Transforers robot (clearly an in-joke) at 10:46.
http://www.veoh.com/watch/v14155567Q9EbcF6z?h1=Jem