Muppets on Late Night, Blooper Reels and Wrap Tapes

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Since I guess the theme of this thread is classic stuff I'll post this one from 1984.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Speaking of wrap tapes, I wonder when someone will re-upload Fraggles Look For Jobs?
I'm not sure, I did get a copy of that recently this month. I didn't get a chance to watch it again recently but it's really funny. I liked how Mokey was mentioning that something was wrong with her arm (aka puppeteer not performing it). lol Funny idea though, Fraggles looking for work. It's like the SNL Muppets knowing they got fired and have to go in a trunk and end up in a file cabentine full of spider webs. lol
Ploobis: There is life after death and we're living proof of it. It's all come above as it was spoken in the great book.
Scred: The Bible?
Ploobis: No, Bill Baird's book of Puppetry.
lol

I always found it funny when the characters know or even discover that they are puppets and panic or just except it. It kind of gives everything a realistic surrealistic kind of thing. Best way I can describe it for now I guess. lol

Wasn't Richard Hunt acting it that wrap tape?

Speaking of Wrap Tapes, I heard there was a bunch of twisted Sesame Street ones. I found the article on Muppet wiki awhile back. Rich Lyon as Mr. Noodle yelling and screaming at Elmo saying he quit. lol

I just love it when the Muppeteers have fun on the set and just do tons of crazy stuff that would never dare be broadcast on TV or even released to the public. Should I say Stuffed and Unstrung? lol

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Double Post. Strange...
Just noticed it. Sorry about that. lol

The 1984 video looks awesome, I haven't seen it. I've been waiting for the video to load for the past half-hour just because my internet connection is very slow. lol Wi-fi not dial up. lol I can't wait to have enough money to get myself a much faster connection. lol

Anyway, I'll totally check it out. In my opinion, I love the classic stuff the best :smile: That's my kind of Muppets right there. :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Oh, I think it might be the forum, not you. :smile:
Oh that's good. feew (making the cartoony sound of relief lol) Even though I'm sort of a computer geek and a writer. Text formatting, wikis, etc. Isn't my specialty.
I hate to go off subject a bit but I really love this forum because the other forums I've been on, their rules are strict and won't let you post unless you introduce yourself, blah blah blah. But the rules here are simple which is great. :smile:

I still got to watch that 1984 clip, probably today. My internet wifi connection was acting up so I decided to download the clip (as I do with lots of rare Muppet footage so I can put it on DVD for myself :smile: ) And I took a bit of an evening strool downtown, got back and it was still downloading, then it was 4 hours downloading, then I downloaded it and didn't know if it finished or not. But I'll check.

*moments later*

LOL That was pure AWESOME! lol HA HA HA, I just loved how ticked off Miss Piggy and Kermit got. lol And even Miss Piggy's style and how she was built back then. Perhaps the is just my opinion and something I noticed but, doesn't she look more skinnier and her head is smaller now a days?

lol, I know I said this a lot on this forum but I miss Frank performing Miss Piggy. lol I remember a quote he said on Piggy's personality. She's fat, she can't sing, she doesn't have a sense of humor, Kermit doesn't love her and she's a pig. Everything's against her. And how her personality comes from pain and how she always covers it up with fake stories of fantasies (Kermit and her live together in Maine, they have bouncing baby Figs, They got secretly married in Vegas, They cuddle in a cottage sitting by a fireplace (not sure where this one came from or if I just came up with this one, lol), etc) But yeah it's like she would get aggressive over little things and of course Kermit used to have a bit of Anger management problems both with The Muppets and even on Sesame Street (watch him direct Oklahoma staring Forgetful Jones lol classic)
Good Times :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
All I have to say is is if you have 56:00 to spare you should watch these clips. Most of it is from when they promoted MTM but their worth it! Plus it's not often you get to see Jim Henson wearing green flippers! :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
All I have to say is is if you have 56:00 to spare you should watch these clips. Most of it is from when they promoted MTM but their worth it! Plus it's not often you get to see Jim Henson wearing green flippers! :smile:

Hmm, I might have some of these in my DVD collection. Miss Piggy on Johnny Carson, Skicle and eBert (I got to get these guys names right someday lol, the critics) I've got that, Kermit on ET 1987 promoting Muppet Family Christmas classic clip (If anyone is asking a frog about Christmas problems is a rather sick person. lol), Ah yes, Jim on This Morning one of my favorites from 1989 I believe, got that on DVD :smile: I didn't recognize the one with Miss Piggy and some guy (not Johnny, lol). The music video I got from the Merv Griffth episode, but perhaps there might be some gems I haven't seen yet. I got to sit down and watch it this week and probably wait for the youtube video to load due to my not so great wifi. lol Wow 56 minutes, I'd love to put this on my ipod. :smile: Thanks for sharing :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
But yeah just my opinion, I think Muppet Babies should have been in puppet format when the TV series came out or MTM and the music video was good enough for Muppet Babies, perhaps a TV special here and there. Personally I didn't like Muppet Babies (the animated series). For many reasons.

(1. It was animated and not puppetry, plus the animation wasn't interesting to me, it wasn't like cartoony or wacky like WB, it was just very stiff.
(2. Barely any creativity from Jim's crew except Jim's credit for "Created for Television" and perhaps an executive producer credit and Michael Frith designed the characters for the program. But none of the Muppeteers did the voices for their characters kind of like Animated Fraggle Rock and the animation segments of Little Muppet Monsters. There was a few things in the 80s that were kind of...just my opinion but it helped fund wonderful projects like Labrynth, Fraggle Rock (I'm not the biggest Fraggle Rock fan, but there's a few things I liked about it), The Muppet Celebrate 30 years, etc.

But yeah the mid 80s even though Jim was still working strong, it seemed like there was a bit of a struggle in terms of tv shows like Little Muppet Monsters, There was that Your a Director VHS game (Great to see the characters again but again something I could discuss for hours, not to mention Statler being good for once and not heckling but performing with Gonzo UGH! No Waldorf by the way), etc. But again some of that stuff is just my opinion and I know there might be fans that enjoyed some of that stuff (forgot to mention Tale of The Bunny Picnic, great music but a bit too cutsy in my taste, still it had some of my fav Muppeteers working on it, thank Goodness Bean went to The Jim Henson Hour after lol) so I'm going to be nice about my opinions on that and still kind of get my point across :smile:

On a different note, I just love it when Johnny Carson and The Muppets are together. I would love to see some of the 1974 / 1975 apperances, those are the ones I haven't seen yet. Even Ed McMan's trademark laugh in the back makes things so much fun. Plus when Kermit hosted The Tonight Show, that was a classic. One of my favorite lines from Kermit on that was "Oops, I can't say that on Sesame Street" lol

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
When they showed the Jim Henson interview when he was promoting MTM I started to get teary eyed. :cry: