Rumor: Studio DC continuing in 2012

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Folks don't worry Disney is not going to do another DC live. We are going in a new and better direction now. The new movie was a huge success for Disney and they are going to be doing bigger and better things with the Muppets.

I know there where some mixed feelings on the two other DC shows but it was a trail and with trails sometimes they work great and other times the fail. Now as far as with the teens of the time I don't know how the reaction was, but for the older Muppet fans the ones that grew up with the Muppets a lot did not care for it to much. So really it boils down to where the money is going to come from. Disney knows now that the Muppets are a great family entertainment source, and is going to treat them as such. Which is what Jim Henson wanted all along.

conburke621

Reaction score
ugh. If they bring back Studio DC, then the new movie was a waste of time. "The Muppets" was made to bring classic, non-trendy Muppet humor to the masses, instead of trying to make them "cool" like in MWoO, IAVMMCM, or any of the Studio DCs. let's hope this rumor isn't true. :boo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think there should be any thing to worry about with a second Studio DC. Disney Tween Pop shows still exist, but not to the extent they did back in 2005.

Nick22

Reaction score
I loved Studio DC the first time it was on, but that's because I was like 12. If they were to make another I'm sure I'd hate it. Plus, the current Disney Channel stars are absolutely horrendous. Other than Good Luck, Charlie and Phineas & Ferb, Disney Channel has no appealing shows.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The original Studio DC STILL hasn't been released on dvd in the US. That's a pretty good sign that further Studio DCs aren't anywhere on the radar.