New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
one thing i really hope johnny fiama sal and clifford will have somewhat of a cameo or role in the sequal :frown: i miss johhny lol and i know Kevin Clash is probably REALLY busy with Elmo but i hope even if they just have clifford as a silent cameo like the rest of the older characters in the muppets that would be amazing and if brian henson came back to film maybe a couple minute scene or something with johnny fiama and sal and then just have sal and johhny have silent cameos the rest of the movie that would be fine
Ooooh! This should be an interesting movie. I'd like to see those three from Muppets Tonight in the new movie. :fanatic:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Muppets was an incredible movie and a great comeback for the Muppets. Unfortunately, I just have this really bad feeling this developing Muppets sequel is going to turn out like Muppets From Space. :frown: Am I happy there is going to be a sequel? Yes. Am I totally excited? Not really. However, it would be great if they did a new Muppets show (And have Walter in it) . (But if they did a new Muppets show, they'll have to put it on Disney Channel and add in a slew of their Disney Channel stars. That's the only downside of it.....) It's just my opinion.....:embarrassed:

Need I?

This production can't possibly be like MFS. Everyone involved will probably be happy enough to make it. There was a LOT of behind the scenes problems with that movie, a visionless director replaced by a horrible director that ruined a script that was already over labored to begin with.

AND they had to make it a Space movie because everyone was jumping on the "Phantom Menace comes out this year" bandwagon. The other project considered was "Muppets IN Space." Either way, you got a sci-Fi "we wanna be Star Wars" film.

There were a lot of doubts and some reported Backstage problems with this film (I guess it was due in part to Disney's ownership), but the film came out very good, and it's a great launch pad for more movies in the franchise. And this next one will be done by the same people (more or less) that did the last one.

There will be a titanic MFS/MWOZ screw up in the future that dooms the franchise. I don't think this is quite it.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
There were a lot of doubts and some reported Backstage problems with this film (I guess it was due in part to Disney's ownership), but the film came out very good, and it's a great launch pad for more movies in the franchise. And this next one will be done by the same people (more or less) that did the last one.
There's always going to be problems during production of a movie, television show, etc. This is nothing new, as anyone who's involved in this kind of work (myself included, kinda) will tell you this.

Heck, there was some tension on the set of The Muppet Movie, apparently, according to Austin Pendleton (the guy who played Max) in this recent interview, but look how that film turned out.

Scroll down this page:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/austin-pendleton,31009/

But I'll say this again: At least we did not get a Muppet movie that was done entirely as an adaptation of the characters and brand (a la Smurfs, Scooby Doo, Garfield, etc.), and had realistic looking CGI Muppets with no involvement from the Muppet people whatsoever. And be thankful that they had the right people to pull it all off --- we could have gotten either Michael Bay, or whoever directed Alvin and the Chipmunks, or even Tommy Wiseau in charge of this movie!

Although it would be very funny if the latter did happen...

"I did not hit her! That is b****! I did nahht! (throws something on the ground) Oh hai, Walter!"

"I need to find my talent. They are putting me in the show. I could be a Muppet"

"What a story, Walter"

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's always going to be problems during production of a movie, television show, etc. This is nothing new, as anyone who's involved in this kind of work (myself included, kinda) will tell you this.

Heck, there was some tension on the set of The Muppet Movie, apparently, according to Austin Pendleton (the guy who played Max) in this recent interview, but look how that film turned out.
Yeah. I dunno what went on during the filming of The Muppets, and I don't want to. But it seems there were tensions early on, and the film turned out very good. Unlike MFS where tensions plagued the entire production, a director was removed and all that. That movie came out a contractual obligation, and it was treated as such. I'm sure the production of the next movie will be FAR from that kind of problem. At least the writers and director are all sympatico and of one mind.

But I'll say this again: At least we did not get a Muppet movie that was done entirely as an adaptation of the characters and brand (a la Smurfs, Scooby Doo, Garfield, etc.), and had realistic looking CGI Muppets with no involvement from the Muppet people whatsoever. And be thankful that they had the right people to pull it all off --- we could have gotten either Michael Bay, or whoever directed Alvin and the Chipmunks,
Hey... yeah... the guy who directed Alvin and the Chipmunks WAS the guy who directed MFS, so he already had his talentless hand in the franchise. And the worst thing? Alvin and the Chipmunks 1 was his masterpiece! The director for the sequel, if you can believe it, was WORSE! He gave the second film a severe case of ADHD.

I agree completely. Scooby, was a victim of trying to hard to do the same thing as the Brady Bunch film, the second one was better... but the others mentioned are completely slapdash, slipshod, and mediocre. I shockingly admit to sort of not hating The Smurfs, but wishing they spent the ENTIRE film in the Smurf world instead of running around like idiots in New York (though they did go through the FAO Schwartz Muppet Whatnot Workshop... no foolin'). Hank Azaria had way too much fun in that one, and is the only reason to watch. Smurf, even the Blu-Ray Christmas cartoon was more Smurfy than the rest of the Smurfing film!

But the Muppet movie had actual fans working on the film, instead of someone who clearly didn't care too much for the license and just wrote a generic script.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
So I just stumbled across this new teaser image today. I have no idea if this image is official or not if someone can confirm it would be great. However if it's fanmade then the mods or admins can delete it. I'll admit it does seem to be a bit early for Disney to be releasing a new image but I figured I'd share anyways.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I admit I was a little leary of it at first myself but it looks better then some of the others I've come across that were clearly fanmade. I got it from this site http://www.movienewz.com/the-muppets-2/ I know the article is from back in April but the only other image they have is the other one Disney released and this particular one so I thought maybe they just added it. Well if it's fanmade I'll delete the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.