Henson issues statement about Chick-Fila-A

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm surprised that Sarah Palin is supporting Chick-fil-A... if I know Palin, this is just another example of her always having to have the spotlight on her, no matter what the controversy is.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Um, like Creature Shop toys, the Chick-fil-As in this town never had these "breakfast platters" with sausage or bacon either... the only "breakfast" items they've ever had were little chicken biscuits... again, probably more proof that Knoxville is a hundred years behind as opposed to be ahead, we ALWAYS are the last to get anything... apparently like this Calypso flavored lemonades that apparently have been out at least since 2006, we JUST NOW got those a few months ago, but already, stores don't carry them anymore.

dwmckim

Reaction score
As of today, the Democratic party has added support for same-sex marriage to its platform.

Thank you Henson for your courageous stand - and thank you too CFA for your actions - which have helped keep this issue on our collective awareness and helping nudge history in the right direction.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
See folks? Contrary to popular belief, it's the Democrats who do more to promote peace and unity, NOT the Republicans.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
As of today, the Democratic party has added support for same-sex marriage to its platform.

Thank you Henson for your courageous stand - and thank you too CFA for your actions - which have helped keep this issue on our collective awareness and helping nudge history in the right direction.
Ain't that the truth! :excited:

I think what this does is create another clear choice between presidential candidates. Romney's stance is certainly clear on this issue, but neither he nor the Republicans have been running on it since Obama's stance. It's odd. Very odd. Maybe their gearing up for the debates. It's amusing that both candidates have had a change of heart on this issue. Romney onces supported gay marriage and Obama didn't until recently. However, Obama never said that he'd oppose it if agreed upon by states. Still it never sat right with me.​
I'd really like to hear him tell those against marriage equality to quit wasting time and resources that could be put to better use in this country. Maybe he should even reference the big boon in so many service industries once gay marriage is legalized. That's something that wouldn't likely be outsourced. See what I did there? Completed the circle back a major Romney weak point. Ha!

Believe it or not I was a registered Republican in Texas. It didn't register in California or as a Democrat until the last campaign. I'd like to be an independent, but there's so much of those in SF and they're identified with the more militant aspects of the Occupy movement. :eek:

See folks? Contrary to popular belief, it's the Democrats who do more to promote peace and unity, NOT the Republicans.
I agree that for the most part, but the Democratic Party took their own sweet time to endorse marriage equality. Aren't they supposed to be leading the charge? It took the President's support, dozens of corporations and finally the Henson Company to inspire them set aside personal feelings for the sake of the whole. Muppet power! Or, more accurately, Jim Henson-owned characters (no longer legally referred to as Muppets) power! :coy:
:smile:
Yaaaaaaay!​

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Believe it or not I was a registered Republican in Texas.
*Dies*
Muppet power! Or, more accurately, Jim Henson-owned characters (no longer legally referred to as Muppets) power!
I don't care, I'm still going to refer to them as "Muppets', irregardless of who owns what entities: if they're associated with the name "Henson", they will automatically be "Muppets" to me.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
*Dies*

I don't care, I'm still going to refer to them as "Muppets', irregardless of who owns what entities: if they're associated with the name "Henson", they will automatically be "Muppets" to me.
:search: Barack Obama is not the only Democrat I've supported, but of the few elections I've actually participated in, he's the only Democratic Presidential Candidate I've voted for. I used to be a firm moderate before the neo-conservatives took over the Republican party and rendered them intolerable. :oops:

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Today, I will be going to Chick Fil A for "Chick Fil A Appreciation Day." Not necessarily because I support their actions, more because I appreciate how they make a darn good chicken sandwich. That, and my Dad's super conservative and I don't even have to finish this sentence.

I will also be going to be enjoying myself some Muppety goodness. Not necessarily because of support for their decision. I just love Muppets. :smile:

Am I too neutral to be in this discussion? haha

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Today, I will be going to Chick Fil A for "Chick Fil A Appreciation Day." Not necessarily because I support their actions, more because I appreciate how they make a darn good chicken sandwich. That, and my Dad's super conservative and I don't even have to finish this sentence.

I will also be going to be enjoying myself some Muppety goodness. Not necessarily because of support for their decision. I just love Muppets. :smile:

Am I too neutral to be in this discussion? haha
Ha! Ultimately neither company asked for a boycott of the other.

There's a lot going on. CFA has been distancing itself from Dan Cathy's statement. They're losing partnerships over this and not necessarily because of free speech or a specific issue, but because Cathy publicized his stance on a very polarizing issue and did so as a representative of CFA. He then reaffirmed it when it came up again. Such statements force those who partner with them to pick a side and a lot of companies want no part in that. They just want to provide a service.

I feel bad for the JHC for getting trapped in the middle of this. They didn't ask for this publicity or to make a public stand. But they issued a proportional response without wimping out with some wishy washy double-talk and have stood by it without another word on the issue. That's class.