Henson issues statement about Chick-Fila-A

Drtooth

Reaction score
*Here are items of a call to action against the LGBT comunity from CFA and its Winshape-supported "charities" Focus on the Family, Exodus International and the Family Research Council:
  • They want to criminalize gay behavior. There is no middle ground.
  • They directly compare gay people to pedophiles and not in an "all sin is sin" way.
  • They believe that the existence of gays infects civilization and that God's wrath will befall a nation that is tolerant of them.
  • They want to remove gay people from any form of advertising, position of power or influence.
  • They support the anti-gay treatment of public school students on righteous grounds.
  • They believe that the marriage of gay people will lead to fewer straight people getting married, more straight divorces and more children out of wedlock.
  • They supported the genocide and imprisonment of gays in Uganda.
  • One of FRC's prominent spokesmen even advocated for the deportment of America's gays
I like when groups like that cry "religious freedom." They want a massive government overreach of religion, turning us into any one of the Middle Eastern countries they constantly complain about. And the worst part is, not every Christian believes in the same things as other Christians.

Now, these subversively codenamed "Family" organizations are pure evil and hate groups. WHY aren't Christians condemning them? Why aren't Americans condemning them? This is the VERY same Sharia Law everyone's afraid of. It just has Christ's name label maker stickered on it instead of Mohammed. That's not religious freedom. That's a totalitarian religious state straight out of an Alan Moore graphic novel (V for Vendetta).

And here's a sad Constitutional truth. While it guarantees people's freedom to believe whatever they want, the law of the land trumps the law of God. And, since no one can agree to what that is, it's a good thing.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
second-class citizens
I think you're giving them too much credit in the humanity department. To people like that, gays are something out of The Fly 2: snarling cesspools of melted ewwww. It's not like they don't want gays to vote (I mean, they want that too), but they want gays to burn in flames for all eternity because apparently "be fruitful and multiply" meant God wants us all to be s to the luts.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think you're giving them too much credit in the humanity department. To people like that, gays are something out of The Fly 2: snarling cesspools of melted ewwww. It's not like they don't want gays to vote (I mean, they want that too), but they want gays to burn in flames for all eternity because apparently "be fruitful and multiply" meant God wants us all to be s to the luts.
They hate hetero sex too. To them, sex is a mechanical, unenjoyable act of filth solely to produce more little good automatons to keep passing down what they want them to believe. They want extreme censorship and to shape the world however they see fit. Even Christian Conservatives find them extremist. They are very close to Taliban territory, and they should be marginalized and shut out from society as the hate groups they truly are.

I really find the passive aggressive "Chick Fil A Appreciation Day" disturbing on too many levels to be funny. it's not about supporting the restaurant chain, it's supporting the fact that everyone thinks there's a culture war, and that they're the injured party because they get what they want only 60% of the time. It's not about supporting Christianity, it's supporting Christian supremacy or at least supporting what some fat butt squawking head wants people to believe.

There's room for all, even those who want to demagog a belief that's basically an interpretation of an interpretation of an interpretation of a mistranslation of what some unimportant guy said in a couple instances.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
They hate hetero sex too. To them, sex is a mechanical, unenjoyable act of filth solely to produce more little good automatons to keep passing down what they want them to believe. They want extreme censorship and to shape the world however they see fit. Even Christian Conservatives find them extremist. They are very close to Taliban territory, and they should be marginalized and shut out from society as the hate groups they truly are.

I really find the passive aggressive "Chick Fil A Appreciation Day" disturbing on too many levels to be funny. it's not about supporting the restaurant chain, it's supporting the fact that everyone thinks there's a culture war, and that they're the injured party because they get what they want only 60% of the time. It's not about supporting Christianity, it's supporting Christian supremacy or at least supporting what some fat butt squawking head wants people to believe.

There's room for all, even those who want to demagog a belief that's basically an interpretation of an interpretation of an interpretation of a mistranslation of what some unimportant guy said in a couple instances.
Exactly. The alleged "culture war" is really one-sided. It's an attack waged by religious extremists against anything that deviates from their limited beliefs. There is no room for any other set of beliefs than theirs. It's their way or no way. The other side of the argument isn't doing that. That's what makes this idea that this is somehow just a difference of opinion so insulting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't even give it credit for religious extremists. It's all a certain biased based, Polarizing news corporation, and their overpaid opinion muckrakers. People who watch it and actually like it (non-ironically) are more than welcome to it.

I still think people were too humorless about GCB. These are the same people that whine about Political correctness, yet they get the MOST upset out of any group out there when they feel they're offended. I love the logic of "Oh, you can make the villains Christian, but you refuse to make them Muslim?" Translated, "How come you say we're hateful? Make fun of people we hate instead!" Plus, I think our culture is trying to move away from those terrible propaganda cartoons of the 1940's. Does anyone actually like "Popeye slaps a [person of Japanese decent who was the product of a screwed up ruler at the time]?"

Eh... I didn't care much for GCB anyway. not my thing.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Politico has even cited that one of G.W. Bush's main pollsters, Jan van Lohuizen, conducted research that found a lot has changed since 2004. He feels that Republican candidates must evolve or on Marriage Equality to reflect the majority of their party and retain political power. Apparently these are not the issues that are important to them. Lohuizen's polling results found the majority of registered Republicans support the following:
  • Protecting gays and lesbians against being fired for reasons of sexual orientation
  • Protections against bullying and harassment
  • Repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell.
  • Right to visit partners in hospitals
  • Protecting partners against loss of home in case of severe medical emergencies or death
  • Legal marriage or domestic partnership for same-sex couples (71% of Republicans support it to 29% against)
I'm stunned. I'm not sure if this is altogether true, however it paints a much different picture than the CFA-minded conservatives. Has the base really changed that much? Are these fringe groups just getting the most face-time. Are personal beliefs being mistaken for what they would like enforced as public policy? I hope so.

And if both sides supported Marriage Equality, how would it change the election? Both candidates began their careers with much different stances in this issue. Interesting.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
HarperCollins has now made their own statement.​
Nobody is attacking Traditional Marriage.​
The only attacks made have been against equality and fewer people and companies can stomach that anymore. They seem to have lifted some language from the Henson press statement. Ha!​

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Jesus ate fish and bread, so to be biblical, I'll treat y'all maybe to Long John's instead. :stick_out_tongue: