Where is this Fozzie image from?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Does anyone know where this Fozzie photo came from that is on the tumbler?Can someone post an uncropped picture of it?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
To me this must have came around The Great Muppet Caper era so it's possible that it came from a promotion of that movie and just photoshop clean up like shown in that example. Somewhere in between 1980-1983 I believe. It totally looks like very late or after Muppet Show era in my opinion. But definitely a photo Muppet promotion picture. Great Muppet Caper or something from 1980-1983 is my best guess.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks.Yes, it is my Fozzie(I recognise him with his distinctive off centre eyebrows!) which is from the Great Muppet caper era, but what is throwing me is that he is wearing his normal hat, without the "Press" tag on it.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Found it!

Always refreshing to come across photos that dont get over used!!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Found it!

Always refreshing to come across photos that dont get over used!!
Yeah, I love the classic stock photos and not the 90s, 2000s ones with Kermit and the characters making silly poses. In fact, I got this newish calender my father's wife bought me when she was at Boarders thinking "It's Muppets, Eric must like it." That's why I hate it when family buys me things, though my mother is a little bit better about it. Probably because I talk long hours about The Muppets to her from time to time, but she listens. lol But yeah this newish calender I got is from 2008. But instead of tossing it, I'm probably just going to find the decent photos, cut them out and just tape them high on my walls.

It makes me think "AH, where are the glory days of the Muppet tv and movie parody calenders". lol I had one or two from the mid late 1990s and I guess they just fell apart. Most of my Muppet collectibles are in my dad's basement so I'm trying to get all my stuff back from him as soon as I get a bigger place. lol God, I miss my Muppet Memorabilia. lol

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yeah, I think the 2008 "Day-at-a-Time" Muppet box calendar is the best one in terms of reference photographs.It is my favourite!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
For me I loved the parody calenders. I still remember having the one with the Seinfeld cover. And I think Spamula Hamerson was in two of the movie parodies. Then there was Kerminator that had text in his sunglasses "Buzz Off". There was even posters of these parodies. Man, I wonder whatever happened to those, I had them in my bedroom when I lived with my mother during childhood. lol