A Little Thing Called Fate

Hubert

Reaction score
I really hope you guys are gonna like this fic. It's an idea that I put together a few days ago that I've been constantly refining since. I've really been wanting to give you something with a lot of craziness, happiness, sadness, romance, humor, and just plain Muppety fun. Also, I'm gonna be trying to pack in some Muppety refereences here and there, some more noticeable than others. See if you can find them. Constructive criticism and nagging welcomed and encouraged.

Chapter One

“WOOHOO! What’s the movie for tonight?”

“The Wizard of Oz, man.”

“WOOHOO! Movie night!”

“We’re off to see the wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz!” A group of Muppets paraded around the room. “We hear he’s a whiz of a wizard if ever a wizard was whiz!” They fell down in laughter.

“Great pick, chief. This movie is a classic.”

“Yeah, that’s what I had been thinking. This was actually one of the first movies my dad ever saw.”

“Hey Kermin, maybe next week we can see that new movie h'about those girls, hokay? That Rachael looks-”

“Pepe!”

“You know, I like this movie. I can really relate to the Cowardly Lion,” Fozzie was telling the blue whatever sitting next to him.

“I know what you mean, for some reason I really feel a lot like the Tin Man myself.”

“You know, Uncle Kermit, The Wizard of Oz would be a great movie for us to do an adaptation of sometime.”

“I know what you mean, Robin. I might have to write that down as a future idea.”

“Undybudy vunt sume-a pupcurn?”

“I’ll pass it around for you, Chef. Popcorn! Popcorn! Come and get it!” A crowd began to form around Scooter.

“Are we gonna start soon, Kerm?”

“Is everyone ready?” Kermit’s words were lost over the volume of sound in the room. “Harry?”

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“And I’m like, look dude, I’m not going to do that photo shoot in a bikini, even if it is politically correct.” Janice stopped and looked around.

“Hello everyone, and welcome to movie night with the Muppets! Yaay!” Kermit flailed his arms in a way that only Kermit could do. “I would request that everyone please take their seats.”

The Muppets all raced to get spots on the three multi-colored sofas.

“Look rabbit, that spot’s reserved for Kermit, got it?” A whimpering Bean Bunny went flying across the room.

The remaining Muppets took seats amongst the feet of the sofa-sitters, while Sweetums and Thog made their way to the back of the room.

Kermit continued. “Today we are going to be viewing a classic movie, created from the magic of L. Frank Baum.”

“It’s funny, because I once knew a guy named Frank Oz, and this movie’s called The Wizard of Oz, and the guy who wrote it had Frank in his name! Wocka wocka!”

“Fozzie, please. Anyway, please sit back, relax and enjoy the movie. Oh, and don’t spill soda on the carpeting.”

Kermit took his seat between his nephew and his “girlfriend,” as she called herself, and turned on the television set. As he was about to press the play button, the Muppets noticed the heartbreaking news flashing across the screen.

“Ooh, that is not good.”

“Oh, like wow.”

“I hope my cousin’s alright. He lives in Florida.” Rizzo made his way to the phone.

Kermit stared at the news, in shock. “I guess we’ll be headed off on another mission trip, huh, gang?”

“What do you mean, Uncle Kermit?”

“Well, Robin, whenever there’s a hurricane, we usually go down and help the families recover and rebuild from it, while also putting some humor and happiness back in their lives. It’s the least we can do. After all, they don’t really deserve all of that to happen to them.”

Sweetums hit the lights and the tape began to roll.

“Uncle Kermit, why do bad things happen to people?”

“Well, some people think that it’s punishment for all the wrongs they’ve done.” Kermit stopped for a moment. “But I don’t. I think that when bad things happen, they happen because they’re supposed to give you something, make you stronger, or teach you a lesson. I guess it’s called fate.”

MissMusical12

Reaction score
This is really really good so far! :smile: It's definitely got the touch of a heartwarming story. Please do continue.

Hubert

Reaction score
You about made my day with a reply.

But thanks! I'm really glad you're enjoying it thus far. And I'm definitely wanting it to be a heartwarming, inspirational story, however it's funny that you say that already, because the actual, more heartwarming stuff ain't coming until at least chapter four or so...probably even later.

The funny thing is, is that at this point, I know for a fact that no one reading this has any idea where this is going to go or what characters are going to have major roles. Cause in the next few chapters, things will be taking an interesting twist...

But as for the next update...I doubt I'll have time to get one up until maybe Sunday or Monday, Saturday night if you're really lucky. Or I might be able to pull something together tonight and post it sometime over the next few days...

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I really hope you guys are gonna like this fic. It's an idea that I put together a few days ago that I've been constantly refining since. I've really been wanting to give you something with a lot of craziness, happiness, sadness, romance, humor, and just plain Muppety fun. Also, I'm gonna be trying to pack in some Muppety refereences here and there, some more noticeable than others. See if you can find them. Constructive criticism and nagging welcomed and encouraged.

Chapter One

“WOOHOO! What’s the movie for tonight?”

“The Wizard of Oz, man.”

“WOOHOO! Movie night!”

“We’re off to see the wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz!” A group of Muppets paraded around the room. “We hear he’s a whiz of a wizard if ever a wizard was whiz!” They fell down in laughter.

“Great pick, chief. This movie is a classic.”

“Yeah, that’s what I had been thinking. This was actually one of the first movies my dad ever saw.”

“Hey Kermin, maybe next week we can see that new movie h'about those girls, hokay? That Rachael looks-”

“Pepe!”

“You know, I like this movie. I can really relate to the Cowardly Lion,” Fozzie was telling the blue whatever sitting next to him.

“I know what you mean, for some reason I really feel a lot like the Tin Man myself.”

“You know, Uncle Kermit, The Wizard of Oz would be a great movie for us to do an adaptation of sometime.”

“I know what you mean, Robin. I might have to write that down as a future idea.”

“Undybudy vunt sume-a pupcurn?”

“I’ll pass it around for you, Chef. Popcorn! Popcorn! Come and get it!” A crowd began to form around Scooter.

“Are we gonna start soon, Kerm?”

“Is everyone ready?” Kermit’s words were lost over the volume of sound in the room. “Harry?”

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“And I’m like, look dude, I’m not going to do that photo shoot in a bikini, even if it is politically correct.” Janice stopped and looked around.

“Hello everyone, and welcome to movie night with the Muppets! Yaay!” Kermit flailed his arms in a way that only Kermit could do. “I would request that everyone please take their seats.”

The Muppets all raced to get spots on the three multi-colored sofas.

“Look rabbit, that spot’s reserved for Kermit, got it?” A whimpering Bean Bunny went flying across the room.

The remaining Muppets took seats amongst the feet of the sofa-sitters, while Sweetums and Thog made their way to the back of the room.

Kermit continued. “Today we are going to be viewing a classic movie, created from the magic of L. Frank Baum.”

“It’s funny, because I once knew a guy named Frank Oz, and this movie’s called The Wizard of Oz, and the guy who wrote it had Frank in his name! Wocka wocka!”

“Fozzie, please. Anyway, please sit back, relax and enjoy the movie. Oh, and don’t spill soda on the carpeting.”

Kermit took his seat between his nephew and his “girlfriend,” as she called herself, and turned on the television set. As he was about to press the play button, the Muppets noticed the heartbreaking news flashing across the screen.

“Ooh, that is not good.”

“Oh, like wow.”

“I hope my cousin’s alright. He lives in Florida.” Rizzo made his way to the phone.

Kermit stared at the news, in shock. “I guess we’ll be headed off on another mission trip, huh, gang?”

“What do you mean, Uncle Kermit?”

“Well, Robin, whenever there’s a hurricane, we usually go down and help the families recover and rebuild from it, while also putting some humor and happiness back in their lives. It’s the least we can do. After all, they don’t really deserve all of that to happen to them.”

Sweetums hit the lights and the tape began to roll.

“Uncle Kermit, why do bad things happen to people?”

“Well, some people think that it’s punishment for all the wrongs they’ve done.” Kermit stopped for a moment. “But I don’t. I think that when bad things happen, they happen because they’re supposed to give you something, make you stronger, or teach you a lesson. I guess it’s called fate.”
Hubert, you gave a smile and my gosh that scene of the Muppet Movei. Two Frank Oz guys? Wow! Okay, one Frank Oz was a director and the other one was a puppeteer. I know that the puppeteer one is still alive today. I did hear his "Muppets" are too cute? Oh boy, that sounds like a good theory of what they are right now. Other than the other replacements except Dave Golez that has his characters, Kermit is still Kermit. Always!

The first scene of the theatre does reference the Muppet Movie and the Great Muppet Caper when Scooter calls out for popcorn. Classic! And janice making a reference from the GMC before she said, "Oh!"

More plz!

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Two Frank Oz guys? Wow! Okay, one Frank Oz was a director and the other one was a puppeteer. I know that the puppeteer one is still alive today. I did hear his "Muppets" are too cute?
They're the same person.

Hubert

Reaction score
Like bananasketch said, Frank Oz is both a director and a puppeteer.

And just to clarify, the first chapter takes place in the Muppet Boarding House from MFS.

And muppetfan24/7, I'm glad you saw those easier references...I'm wondering if anyone will find a few more obscure ones I have packed in there. But I'm really glad that you guys are also enjoying this, this is my compensation for The Secret Life of a Background Character. Like I said, more will be coming soon.

Hubert

Reaction score
Thanks Logan! Glad you're enjoying it! More will be up soon! (Though I'm still working out a few tiny nitpicky kinks in the story) :stick_out_tongue::smile:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Like bananasketch said, Frank Oz is both a director and a puppeteer.

And just to clarify, the first chapter takes place in the Muppet Boarding House from MFS.

And muppetfan24/7, I'm glad you saw those easier references...I'm wondering if anyone will find a few more obscure ones I have packed in there. But I'm really glad that you guys are also enjoying this, this is my compensation for The Secret Life of a Background Character. Like I said, more will be coming soon.
Okay, the dialogue that sums up the chapter betweeen Robin & Kermit was from your previous fanfic, "Fozzie's In Love."

Hubert

Reaction score
Okay, the dialogue that sums up the chapter betweeen Robin & Kermit was from your previous fanfic, "Fozzie's In Love."
"Fozzie's In Love" was not my fanfic. It was miss kermie's fanfic. However, as I had been telling her earlier, that dialogue happened to have the same main idea, even though I thought it up before she posted that part. Weird.