Slackbot draws stuff

Slackbot

Reaction score
That's so cool! Looks like you did a great job! Thanks for sharing!

(Since when did a Fraggle ever worry about wearing clothes? :wink:)
Thanks much! I have to admit, despite the many flaws, I'm stinkin' proud of how he turned out. One thing that surprised me: though his schnoz doesn't match perfectly up to how I draw him, he now looks more like an intermediary between Wembley and Mokey than a copy of Wembley. I like that.

As for clothing, that's just a vanity thing. He thinks he looks cool in a denim jacket. Maybe, by Fraggle standards, he does.

You think Wembly can live without his banana tree shirt?
Wembley has two! Surely he can spare one for his kid until Old Navy comes through.

LOL! You know how to put Janken into character, Kim. You're so silly! She defnetely looks like a real three-dimensional puppet. Sweet!
*chuckle* Thanks! But, heh, Janken's a guy. I know it can be hard to tell with Fraggles, as there isn't much physical difference between the sexes, and Jan's case can be especially confusing for those who don't know him.

Slackbot

Reaction score

Today I got a package from Old Navy containing a toddler's denim jacket. Now Janken is no longer naked and nude with no clothes on. He seems quite pleased with his newfound decency.

This pic shown one of the things I still have to work on: his hair is not yet symmetrical. He needs more fluff on one side. I'm also not sure about the lavender strands. I may take them out.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Awesome! Janken looks great!

I'd love to make a Fraggle puppet myself, but short of cash at the moment to buy the supplies, so it'll have to wait.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score

Today I got a package from Old Navy containing a toddler's denim jacket. Now Janken is no longer naked and nude with no clothes on. He seems quite pleased with his newfound decency.

This pic shown one of the things I still have to work on: his hair is not yet symmetrical. He needs more fluff on one side. I'm also not sure about the lavender strands. I may take them out.
Kim, this is fantasic! I love Janken! He is so silly, but I didn't know he explored Outer Space? :smirk: :excited:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Janken's still not 100% finished, but he's getting very close. I've added more feathers around the face to even out the shape of his hair and frame his eyes, and I've made a second, rodless arm so I can swap his right arm out. I have them velcroed on, and I'm not happy with the velcro connection--I thought the fur would hide it, but that's not the case--so I'll be fixing that. And I'm going to tear his head off and cut the extra neck fabric before sewing it back on, because that fabric bunches up inside and makes putting him on and taking him off a bit fussy.

Tom Fraggle: In my opinion, budget is not the limiting factor when making a puppet like this. Time and patience are! It's taken me months to build him, making all sorts of trial-and-error mistakes along the way. The next puppet will be much faster because I now know some things that work and some that don't, but I have no doubt I'll make fresh errors and overcome those too.

muppetfan24/7: Yes, sort of. He hasn't explored so much as gotten trapped out here by a rockslide. He learned to live out here because he had no other choice. Now he has a way back to the Rock, and he does visit, but his home is now out here.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Wow, Kim--"motherhood" becomes you! (Or would that be "muppethood"? No, wait--I think that's the name of a SKIT!)

You did a lovely job with your Janken puppet. Very detailed and the color is very appealing. I've been told that Toddler 2 clothes are about perfect for most puppets, and around here, thrift stores are THE BEST place to get all sorts of great clothes. I'm on the prowl for puppet clothes for a group I know all the time.

Congratulations on a wonderfully detailed job!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks, Ruahnna! I imagine you can get good quality toddler clothes for puppets at thrift stores, because kids don't wear them out, they just outgrow them. I've considered broadening my Gonzo replica's wardrobe that way, as that purple tux doesn't look so comfy.

Vincent Liu: I need to spend some time with Jan to sharpen my puppeteering skills. And... heh, I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I can't do his voice. The voice I hear in my head is Brian Henson's Jack Pumpkinhead, minus the gosh-wow dippiness:
When I operate Jan I do the Mel Blanc throat pinch (which Frank Oz used for every character I can remember him doing) which results in a slightly Boober-ish voice. I'm not happy with that, but the alternative is making him a soprano. There's already enough gender confusion without that.