As Long As You're Mine

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Ok....I know this is only my third FloydxJanice songfic oneshot. But let me just say one thing. This song is probably one of my all time favorite love songs (And no, I'm not just saying that because Wicked is one of my favorite musicals of all time.) I think it's a beautiful love song. It can work with pretty much every couple supported there is (unless of course the relationship is either bland or pretty much down the toilet.) The song is "As Long As You're Mine" from the musical Wicked. This story takes place some time before the events in "Rock of Broadway" (Remember when the Electric Mayhem saw Wicked?) Also, this story is PG to be safe.... And the stuff in grey is part of Janice's dream. (Some stuff is Wicked related, so if you're not familiar with Wicked, you won't understand some stuff.)

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THE MUPPETS!! They are owned by The Jim Henson Company, The Walt Disney Company and The Muppet Studios!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Maybe getting tickets to Wicked wasn't like the greatest idea in the universe," Janice thought to herself after seeing that most of her band mates have fallen asleep. The only person, other than Janice, that was semi-awake was Animal; and he looked bored out of his mind. Janice finally decided to give in, accept the fact that the show is dragging a lot and getting even boringer (If that's like even a word) by the second and fall asleep on her loving boyfriend, Floyd Pepper's, shoulder.

A love song between the wicked witch and the "handsome prince like character" (as Dr. Teeth liked to put it) was just starting. Animal didn't have the ability to yell out "BORING LOVE SONG" so he just said it quietly, collapsed on the floor and went to sleep with the rest of the band. What the band didn't know was that Janice was dreaming of what was going on right now on the stage.........................

A dark forest. Fog all around. This really felt like an unusual place to confess one's love. As for green skinned witch, Janice, it seemed almost perfect. After all, Winkie Prince Floyd just confessed his love to her and left beautiful and popular Piggy The Good Witch. He promised to meet her by some dark forest, where they'd plan their future together. Janice kneeled down, waiting lovingly and patiently for her now true love to arrive.

Floyd finally came along, lantern in hand, and in pretty much his regular outfit, except the jacket was in a dark shade of green. He rushed quickly to Janice's side, setting down the lantern and kneeling down beside her. "Is this really what's going on right now?" he asked. "Like I don't know," Janice replied. "But like I don't look rully good green skinned, compared to like the other actress. And what happened my blonde hair? It's like.....black. And witch like." Floyd laughed at her comment. If one thing was "fer sure" Janice knew how to make Floyd laugh. He then placed one of his hands on her cheek and said "But you look just as good a wicked witch as her. Maybe better." "Fer sure?" Janice asked, blushing. Floyd simply nodded.

She looked deep into his eyes, already feeling as though this night (or this dream) shouldn't end so soon. And she didn't want it to. Janice was Floyd's and she didn't want to forget about it.

Janice then sang:
Kiss me too fiercely
Hold me too tight
I need help believing
You're with me tonight.

Floyd, trying to be a little flirty, kissed Janice from her cheek down to her neck. The kiss to her neck gave Janice shivers down her spine, making her feel a little nervous. But still, she was loving the attention he was giving her.

Janice continued to sing:
My wildest dreamings
Could not foresee
Lying beside you
With you wanting me.

Just for this moment
As long as you're mine
I've lost all resistance
And crossed some borderline

Floyd stopped kissing her neck, as Janice placed her hand on his cheek. He gazed at her lovingly, seeing each other eye to eye and Janice continued to sing:
And if it turns out
It's over too fast
I'll make every last moment last
As long as you're mine

The two then shared a tender kiss on the lips. Although it only lasted a good 4 seconds, it didn't matter. Any kiss was worth it to them.

Floyd then sang:
Maybe I'm brainless
Maybe I'm wise
But you've got me seeing
Through different eyes

He then held Janice by her waist, pulling her close to him, as Floyd continued to sing:
Somehow I've fallen
Under your spell
And somehow I'm feeling
It's up that I fell

Janice giggled a little from the spell lyric (She's a witch, after all.). She then held onto his waist, in order to remain close to him. Both Floyd and Janice sang:

Every moment
As long as your mine
I'll wake up my body
And make up for lost time

Floyd crooned Janice, singing:
Say there's no future
For us as a pair

Janice always loved when Floyd sang to her. It always made her swoon and "melt." Both Floyd and Janice then sang together:
And though I may know
I don't care

Just for this moment
As long as you're mine
Come be how you want to
And see how bright we shine
Borrow the moonlight
Until it is through

Floyd pulled Janice to the closest she has ever been to him. They were nearly a few centimeters from a kiss. It didn't make Janice feel uncomfortable at all, as though other girls were. She wanted to kiss him right there and then, but she felt that this position they were in seemed more perfect. It seemed that, from Floyd's expression, he couldn't agree more.

The two then sang together:
And know I'll be here
Holding you
As long as you're mine

Just before Floyd could kiss Janice, she couldn't help but giggle. She was just a little nervous about being so close to Floyd, but she just couldn't help but giggle like a school girl she a bit. "What is it?" he asked. Janice sighed and replied "It's like....ya know....for the first time.....I feel.....wicked." Floyd chuckled at her reply. The two then leaned for one final kiss............................

"WAKE UP!" Animal yelled. Janice then struggled to wake up, but finally did. Floyd woke up as well. It looked as though the show was over a little while ago. Janice must've slept through the rest of the second act. "You alright, babe?" Floyd asked. Janice nodded. He then helped get her up from her seat and walked hand in hand, while holding Animal by his leash, out of the auditorium of the theater.

"Hey, there you two lovebirds are," Dr. Teeth said as Janice, Floyd, and Animal came out of the theater. "You two were sound asleep by the time the finale came on," Zoot added in. "Boy was that show boring." "Boring show!" Animal added in. "I'll agree with you on that, Animal," Floyd said. "Fer sure," Janice said as she nodded.

Just before the band settled into their hotel room(s) for the evening, Janice invited Floyd into her room for a little talk. "Like, I had the strangest dream...." she started. "About?" Floyd asked. "Like...you and I were that green girl and that other handsome guy," Janice said, somewhat excitingly. "And you and I sang some love song and and and......." "Jan, babe. That drink must've really got to your head quicker than you went to sleep," Floyd laughed. She playfully punched his arm and replied "Well that was like what my dream was, fer sure." Floyd then wrapped his arms around Janice's waist and said "Jan, babe. You're my main squeeze who knows how to please. You're mine and don't you forget about it." He then kissed Janice sweetly on the lips before heading out to retrieve his stuff from the guys' room. Janice nodded, making sure she won't forget who she belongs to.

-------------------------------------------THE END--------------------------------------------------
Yes, I think this is one of my best FloydxJanice oneshots! I especially love the Wicked setting in it.....how'd you guys like it? By the way, tomorrow's my birthday so I'm super excited!

And one more thing: Here's the song!

floyd<3janice

Reaction score
This was great I always LOVE your janicexfloyd oneshots
I hope you do more soon. Because I love reading them and happy birthday!

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I like wicked. :big_grin: and it's Rully cool seeing my favorite muppet couple doing a song from one of my favorite musicals. Nice story. :wink: :flirt: :sing:
Yay! It's good to see another Wicked fan here! :halo: That was actually the very first Broadway show I saw (6 years ago). Hopefully, I'll be able to see it a second time this April. :excited: