To Beaust or Not to Beaust - A Beauregard Story

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Oh man, looks like Beauregard may be in some trouble. Another fun chapter.

Hubert

Reaction score
Thanks, glad you're enjoying it. This was the chapter that I was most nervous about. More to come tomorrow.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
The first chapter had me convinced your unnamed narrator was lost in a Silent Hill-type scenario...how odd to find it was real. And why would he recognize someone in the elevator of the hotel who doesn't seem to have recognized him? Clarify please?

I like Beau (the Muppet, although the MC member seems pretty swell too) and it's always a good thing in my book when an author tackles a minor character...but I do have one request: don't promise us "it'll make sense later" -- if you're gonna tease with cryptic stuff, at least make the cryptic stuff a little more detailed. Looks like you know where you're going with this, and that's great...but I'd love a little more description. What is Beau thinking when he sees someone who looks like him? (Assuming the poor guy CAN think...) What's the visitor Roger's first impression of the decidedly-not-normal Muppet Theatre? Why wasn't Roger, as direct family, able to get the adoption records from the orphanage so he could track down his brother more ably? And why is it so imperative that everyone lie and pretend Beau's a genius when the father shows up -- what are the consequences? There is no way Kermit would go along with a scam without a good reason, IMHO.

Interesting start. Just...flesh it out more. Make us SEE it all. Slow down! :smile:
--------------

Hubert

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. It greatly helps.

-----------
The first chapter had me convinced your unnamed narrator was lost in a Silent Hill-type scenario...how odd to find it was real. And why would he recognize someone in the elevator of the hotel who doesn't seem to have recognized him? Clarify please?
His mind was playing with him. As he suddenly thought about what he was doing, his mind turned those faces into the faces of that person in his head. It was at that moment he realized that instead of stopping for the night, he had to keep going, for he didn't know how much time he had.

I like Beau (the Muppet, although the MC member seems pretty swell too) and it's always a good thing in my book when an author tackles a minor character...but I do have one request: don't promise us "it'll make sense later" -- if you're gonna tease with cryptic stuff, at least make the cryptic stuff a little more detailed.
The "it'll make sense later" wasn't teasing you with cryptic stuff. It was getting a bit confusing, I assumed, that I was never saying his at first, instead using he. I was just saying that basically it won't be that way the whole way through, now looking back at it, that was a pretty stupid phrase for me to say (dunno why I said it).

Looks like you know where you're going with this, and that's great...but I'd love a little more description. What is Beau thinking when he sees someone who looks like him? (Assuming the poor guy CAN think...) What's the visitor Roger's first impression of the decidedly-not-normal Muppet Theatre? Why wasn't Roger, as direct family, able to get the adoption records from the orphanage so he could track down his brother more ably? And why is it so imperative that everyone lie and pretend Beau's a genius when the father shows up -- what are the consequences? There is no way Kermit would go along with a scam without a good reason, IMHO.

Interesting start. Just...flesh it out more. Make us SEE it all. Slow down!
Thank you so much for this piece of advice. It really does help. I will definitely try to add some more description, slow it down, and stuff.

I just really, really have to thank you for not only reading, but actually taking the time to post not only about the good things, but also post some criticism for me. That alone really means a lot. Thanks. :smile: