Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What's even sadder to think that, even though Frank Oz, Caroll Spinney, Fran Brill, and Dave Goelz are all pretty much original Muppeteers as well, it was really the foursome of Jim, Frank, Jerry, and Richard who were always the most celebrated of really all the Muppeteers (like, notice during credit crawls you have Muppet Performers: Frank Oz Jerry Nelson Richard Hunt with...), and now, only Frank remains from that foursome. :frown:

catherine

Reaction score
it's like a part of our muppet clan has gone but not leaving us but to join the others.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
What's even sadder to think that, even though Frank Oz, Caroll Spinney, Fran Brill, and Dave Goelz are all pretty much original Muppeteers as well, it was really the foursome of Jim, Frank, Jerry, and Richard who were always the most celebrated of really all the Muppeteers (like, notice during credit crawls you have Muppet Performers: Frank Oz Jerry Nelson Richard Hunt with...), and now, only Frank remains from that foursome. :frown:
That's the thing. The original Muppet gang - I mean, ORIGINAL original start of the company in the 50s and 60s - was comprised of Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jane Henson, Don Sahlin, Jerry Juhl, and Jerry Nelson.

Now it's just Jane Henson and Frank remaining. At least, in this life.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
This the first time any major performer died in my life time, I knew it would happen eventually since I am only 14 but I didn't think it would happen this soon. I am very sad to see him go. Lew Zeland was not just my favorite Jerry character but my favorite muppet. R.I.P. Jerry :sing::batty::cluck:
Me too about your first sentence. I didn't except to that happen that soon, too.

I hope that The Muppets All-Star Comedy Gala special would dedicate to Jerry's memory since this special is going to air in the fall. :sing:

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
i was just thinking....Is the Count have a back up voice? matt perhaps?
Hopefully so, and quick, too... Matt Vogel as Count von Count... It's completely new to him. He must be terribly frightened, yet excited to carry on the legacy of Mr. Nelson. Remember how long it took to find a replacement for Scooter?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
All that's really been done with Count in recent years is any other performer who happens to be on the set that day (I've seen behind-the-scenes videos on YouTube with Kevin) will do the actual puppeteering of him, but the dialogue is already pre-recorded by Jerry... so if anything, yes, Count will need a new voice now, and hopefully, since he's done such a wonderful job with Floyd and Uncle Deadly, that Matt will take on Count now.

FB92

Reaction score
He was a fantastic man with such an awesome portrayal on so many Muppet characters. He will be sadly missed.