1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Oscarfan, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Apparently, colleagues of Jerry have posted on Facebook that he's died.

Wow. I don't know what to say.
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

3. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

:( oh no! *tear* i JUST watched the NEW "Muppets" movie tonight too and heard his voice! :( I seen Bill and his wife had it posted on there facebook pages...thats how i found out! :sympathy:
  4. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness. Words cannot describe how sad and in what utter disbelief I am in right now. :cry::cry::cry:

R.I.P Mr. Nelson... Thank you for all your work over the years. A true Muppet legend never to be forgotten.
    :batty: :sing: :search: :cluck: :smirk:
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  5. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

This will probably be breaking news on here tomorrow. In the mean time I can't say much because I am still in disbelief. I don't think it's real it can't be right? I mean he was just in the latest film. So he has to still be here...I don't even have words my whole body has just went numb...I can't even cry because I just can't believe it...
  6. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

I'm completely lost. This is heartbreaking. R.I.P, Jerry. Beautiful man he was. </3 ;_;
  7. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I just happened to check out my Twitter account tonight, only to find The Muppet Mindset passing along this horrible news. :sympathy:

I can't even begin to wrap my head around this! :cry:
  8. muppetlover123

Jerry Nelson a nice greatful graceful one heck of a man.....who brought such good characters who will live on such as the count :batty: mr johnson sherlock homes:search: camila :cluck: statler :boo: floyd :sing: lew zeland :fishy: and gobo :smirk: :( you will be missed Jerry have fun visiting with Richard Jim and your daughter
  9. MuppetsFan4Life

MuppetsFan4Life Active Member

:sympathy: I saw it on my Facebook wall from Muppet Wiki. I looked all over for news on Yahoo, Bing, and Google. Then I looked here and on Twitter and more FB posts, and I still can't believe it.

We will miss you, Jerry. :(
    :sing::smirk::batty::search: :cluck::fishy::boo:
    muppetlover123 likes this.
  10. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I don't believe it, but I'm sure it's true. I wish I knew for sure if it was actually true. If he did die, he will be missed by all of us. I think Count Von Count was his most popular character!
    meepmuppaphones likes this.
  11. Borples

Borples Active Member

For the Count alone, he would be remembered forever. Then there are all the others. RIP, Jerry, we will always remember, love and miss you.
    meepmuppaphones and bandit like this.
  12. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

It's true everyone...

Saying goodbye... Muppet legend, once-in-a-lifetime voice, irreplaceable soul, dear friend... Jerry Nelson has passed. We remember... and will never forget.

Continue to share your favorite memories of Jerry and listen to Jerry's music on Muppet Central Radio on Live365 and Radio Terra. We'll be playing Jerry's songs non-stop for the next several days. He loved to sing and share his music with all of us. Read and remember... "Still Counting: An Interview with Muppeteer Jerry Nelson". :sing::batty::smirk:

Love all the people in your life. Our time here is so short.

[​IMG]
  13. Tomservo95

Tomservo95 Member

R.I.P Jerry. :smirk::sing::boo::cluck::search::batty::crazy::scary:
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  14. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

THIS IS SO SAD, JERRY WAS A REAL LEGEND!

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE JERRY! :batty: :sing: :smirk:
  15. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

I'm at a loss for words. I found out through a friend and its hard to believe. He is defiantly one of my greatest heroes and has been an inspiration to some of my own work. He will be greatly missed.
    Tomservo95 likes this.
  16. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

That was a tweet I didn't want to read this morning. We'll miss you jerry. X
    bandit likes this.
  17. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

19. muppetlover123

im wondering if matt vogel is going to have to do the count and mr johnsons voice now.... and his muppet characters which i think he has done all of them in the new movie?
  20. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

i made this....feel FREE to use it for twitter or facebook or what have you:

[​IMG]