The Worst Teen Revamp Ever?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It seems like a number of franchises or series that focus on a character or characters who are young children almost always end up having a pre-teen or teen revamp years later, either to try to move the characters on to the next level, try to reach out to different audiences, or even try to re-introduce them to new audiences altogether. Rugrats, Powerpuff Girls, Dora the Explorer have all had some kind of teen or "growing up" revamp, and for the most part, have stayed pretty true to their original roots... however, THIS teen revamp has possibly got to be the worst there has ever been conceived!

Now, just to throw you guys off, I've cropped out the logo and the picture-within-the-picture just to see if you guys can figure what this is supposed to be a teen revamp of (I don't know if Drtooth would be stumped though), because these characters look NOTHING like their original counterparts:

In fact, these Brazilian Manga characters (that's right, Brazilian Manga... must be the next big thing, like French Anime) supposedly aren't even so much counterparts of the original characters they're supposed to be portraying, they're DESCENDANTS of the original characters (and just happen to have the exact same names, which really adds insult to injury).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
...Archie?...

EDIT: Alright, what is it? I honestly have no clue.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Worst Teen Revamp Ever goes to Loonatics. I think the Looney Toons and WB's animation department are still reeling from that one:sigh:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Worst Teen Revamp Ever goes to Loonatics. I think the Looney Toons and WB's animation department are still reeling from that one:sigh:.
I can't believe the show has a diehard fanbase that doesn't think it deserves the crap it got, even though it totally does. Though I caught some season 2 episodes, an they did try to turn the show around by making villains out of actually Looney Tunes characters instead of dry, stale stereotypes lifted from every action cartoon ever made. My problem with Loonatics wasn't so much they were trying to "anime-ize" (and by Anime, I mean something that only exists in the minds of a 50 year old white guy with an ulcer) classic characters to make them modern super heroes... it's that they made a bland show with interchangeable characters that are completely unlikable in every sense of the word. There's a lot of potential in Super Hero Looney Tunes. Too bad we got something that's worse than Sunday Morning Bohbot Animation block programming.

In fact, these Brazilian Manga characters (that's right, Brazilian Manga... must be the next big thing, like French Anime) supposedly aren't even so much counterparts of the original characters they're supposed to be portraying, they're DESCENDANTS of the original characters (and just happen to have the exact same names, which really adds insult to injury).
Yeah, I have no idea who they are, and secondly... it's Brazilian manga. I hear terrible things, or at least so bad it's good things about their Mega Man comics.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Dexter's Lab? Rocket Power? X_X

I have no idea...design wise though they aren't *that* bad :/

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The guy in the green vest looks Archie-ish, but why would they need a teen reboot of something that involves young characters in the first place? So I'm guessing it's not that.

Aside from that I have nothing.

galagr

Reaction score
:confused: I have not the foggiest who these are. The guy on the far left sort of looks like Archie........

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okey-doke folks, here it is...

This Brazilian Manga is a teen revamp of...

Are you ready for this?

*Drum roll*

Little Lulu.

Yep. This apparently started sometime in 2008 or 2009 as another attempt to revive Little Lulu for newer generations... so they decide to make a manga about her and her friends as teenagers... or I guess more accurately, descendents, because the girl in the middle (yes, that's supposed to be Lulu) is the original Lulu's granddaughter (and that picture she's holding is of the Cinar/HBO Lulu)... but that doesn't explain how the OTHERS exist. The kid in the ballcap is supposed to be Tubby, who's now a wannabe rockstar and has formed a garage band with Iggie (who I guess that's who's standing next to him); the blonde girl is Gloria who is not quite the snob she originally was; and the girl on the far right is Annie who is now a gamer/comic book nerd (and if she's also a cosplayer, I am going to cry).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
and the girl on the far right is Annie who is now a gamer/comic book nerd (and if she's also a cosplayer, I am going to cry).
Wonderful. I'm guessing its another gamer girl stereotype that will make me want to punch whoever thought of it in the face :smirk:

Though I can't say I've heard of this show :/

mr3urious

Reaction score
Making a teen version is one thing, but do the character designs have to be so bland? That's the main reason I couldn't tell that it was a teen version of Little Lulu: it's because the style is no different from any other manga out there. :rolleyes: