My Time to Meet the Muppets

MissMusical12

Reaction score
This was such a heart warming chapter. I really loved it! I can really see how much of a huge fan of Gonzo you are. :fanatic:

MollyArriba

Reaction score
This was such a heart warming chapter. I really loved it! I can really see how much of a huge fan of Gonzo you are. :fanatic:
Thank you! But it is kinda sappy, yeah. I hope my Gonzo dialogue sounded good. I have the easiest time writing for him out of the other Muppets, but it's still pretty difficult.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Thank you! But it is kinda sappy, yeah. I hope my Gonzo dialogue sounded good. I have the easiest time writing for him out of the other Muppets, but it's will pretty difficult.
In my opinion, certain authors of fanfiction have an easier time writing dialogue for certain characters, especially if it's their favorite character. For example, I actually have an easier time writing dialogue for Floyd, Janice, Animal and MAYBE Miss Piggy. Although I sometimes have a hard time writing dialogue for Fozzie....:embarrassed: (Especially when it comes to what jokes to put in to a certain situation) (And Fozzie's one of my favorite characters, too.)

MollyArriba

Reaction score
Okay, here we go, no more sappy stuff. That might come up a little later, though. I hope you enjoy it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 5

“Alright, well done, Miss Piggy! That was a great opening number!”

“But of course it was a great opening number. It was moi doing the performing,” said the pig, passing behind the frog with a group of male background pigs, making their way off to the kitchen.

“Yep,” continued Kermit, looking into camera, “And the pig will continue doing the performing until the frog runs out of ear plugs.”

That was my cue. I walked up the stairs from the alleyway, looking around.

“It’s our guest star, Molly Kaying!” said the frog.

I got to the top of the stairs, ukulele in hand, pausing for the applause they’d put in after recording. It was the day after I’d met Gonzo and Dave. After having a little chat with Dave Goelz about a certain song I wanted to do, I’d finally, officially met Eric Jacobson - let me tell you, the man was hilarious - and been given my lines. I’d spent all night and all morning memorizing and re-memorizing them, and when I’d got to the studio they didn’t bother with costumes; I was allowed to wear my normal clothing. They just added a thin layer of makeup so I’d show up better on the camera. Now there we all were, ready to go. We were attempting for the second time to get through the scene; after hours of rehearsal, I'd flubbed the first take.

“Well, hi Kermit!” I said, walking up to the frog, “Thanks for inviting me. I’m so glad I could make it out here. I was a little nervous I’d come to the wrong place, but the trashcan outside told me that this was indeed The Muppet Studio.”

Both Kermit and I paused for the laugh. Then Kermit went on:

“Well, we’re happy to have you.”

“Yes. Hey,” I said, looking around, “do you know where I might find The Great Gonzo? I’ve got something for him.”

“What, Gonzo?” Kermit said, sounding surprised, “He’s getting ready for the next act, he’s – “

“Chief, we’ve got a problem.”

Scooter had appeared at Kermit’s elbow, wearing a head set and looking concerned.

“Uh, not now Scooter,” said Kermit.

“But it’s Ms. Kaying’s dress!”

“My dress? Scooter, what’re you talking about?” I chimed in, happily not missing my cue this time.

“Well, it’s Fozzie. He’s found the dress.”

“So what’s the problem,” Kermit urged.

Scooter, in his response, was completely deadpan, “He can’t get out of it.”

Scooter moved aside, allowing Fozzie to come into view; he was wearing a sky-blue prairie dress, looking strangled and forlorn. We all paused for the laugh. I said my line:

“Fozzie, what on earth happened?”

“It was those pigs!” he said mournfully, “They stuffed me into it! Heh!”

“You bet we did!” said one of the pigs as a group of them passed behind us, laughing.

“But Fozzie!” Kermit said, flailing his arms, “That’s the dress for Ms. Kaying’s closing number! You need to take it off! OFF!”

Fozzie gasped, "Kermit! If I take it off, I’ll be bare. Get it, bear, bare – “

“WOULD YOU GET OUT OF HERE?” Kermit flailed wildly as Fozzie and Scooter ducked away. Kermit took a shuddering breath and turned to me, “Now, if you will excuse me, Ms. Kaying, I have to go introduce the next act.”

He bobbed away, and I turned to the camera, ready to deliver the punch line. They had told me to come up with a few myself, so I fought through my nerves:

“They didn’t have these problems when Jane Lynch was on.”

“Alright, still rolling, say another one, Molly,” said the director.

“Of the two of us, I think the dress looks better on the bear.”

“How ‘bout one more?”

“Don’t worry, folks. Honestly, I’d be disappointed if it were easy.”

That one got a laugh. The director cut the action and after a bit of applause and congratulating and hand shaking from myself, the crew, and the Muppets, I got off stage.

After lunch, I hurried back to the studio. I didn’t have anything to shoot myself, but I heard that Fozzie and Gonzo were doing a bit. Apparently, Gonzo was going to swing off a trapeze into a brick wall.

I arrived just as they were beginning. I settled in behind the cameras and watched Kermit do the intro to the act. The curtains opened and there stood Gonzo poised next to the ladder leading to the platform high above the theater, violin in hand.

“Hens and gentlemen! Prepare to be dazzled! I, Gonzo the Great, will now play Mozart’s Violin Concerto No. 5 with my feet while I sore through the air, into – “

“ – Gonzo. Hey Gonzo,” Fozzie Bear had appeared on stage from the left wing, still in the blue closing number dress, “Psst, Gonzo!”

“Fozzie, what is it,” hissed Gonzo, “I’m about to commit another daring feat in the name of art!”

“Yeah, I know, but Gonzo, Scooter says, Scooter says that if I do it instead that maybe the shock of it will SHOOT me out of the dress! Aaaa! What do you think?”

Gonzo’s eyes bulged, “That sounds ludicrous… LET’S DO IT!”

“Excuse me, Ms. Kaying,” Kermit was behind me, whispering, “Gonzo tells me that there’s a certain song you’d like to perform, one that you wrote?”

I turned to face the frog, keeping my voice low, “Actually, yes. You know that scene in the dressing room, the one where Gonzo is wearing the closing number dress?”

“Yep.”

“Well, when I was younger, I sort of wrote this song… it’s about Gonzo.”

Kermit scrunched up his face at this. I held in my laughter.

“I know, it’s definitely on the odd side,” I conceded, “but I’ve already shown it to Gonzo and he says it’ll be fine. Heh, I know that not saying much, but – “

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH *crash* WAH!”

Fozzie had just swung from the trapeze and slammed into the brick wall. He had somehow managed to escape from the blue closing number dress during his flight/fall. A moment later –

“WHOOOOOPIIIIIIIIIII *crash* OOPH!”

Gonzo slammed into the wall next to him; he hopped up off the floor next to the dazed bear, bouncing excitedly, and somehow wearing the blue dress

“Woo! That was terrific!”

“But, wha, Gonzo!” cried Fozzie, searching for the right words, “you’re wearing the dress, the blue closing number Ms. Kaying dress!”

“Yeah, don’t I look fabulous?! Hahaha!” and the curtain closed.

Kermit shook his head violently while I laughed and applauded. The frog turned to me, “Look, that’s fine, do the song, just make sure it’s under two minutes!”

“You’ve got it, Kermit.”

Kermit was about to go on, but a voice from the door leading to the dressing rooms called for his attention.

“Alright, green stuff, we have arrived. Let’s get this show a-rattlin'.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, if any of you can tell who the character is at the end, you'll understand that I'm going to have a VERY difficult time with dialogue next time. But okay, I'll stop here. Sorry the jokes aren't very good, I've never written comedy before. Also, I don't have ANYTHING to do with the Muppets!

MissMusical12

Reaction score
This part was excellent! Is the song that's coming up really a song you personally wrote? (By the way, I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's Floyd or Dr. Teeth who said the line at the end.)

MollyArriba

Reaction score
This part was excellent! Is the song that's coming up really a song you personally wrote? (By the way, I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's Floyd or Dr. Teeth who said the line at the end.)
Yes, it is a song I wrote. Sort of embarrassing. Told ya I was a Gonzo nut. :wink:
I feel sort of bad for not featuring Piggy all that heavily; I've never been a major fan of her's, and Fozzie is so much more fun to write!

And you guessed it! Floyd is on his way into my little story.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Yes, it is a song I wrote. Sort of embarrassing. Told ya I was a Gonzo nut. :wink:
I feel sort of bad for not featuring Piggy all that heavily; I've never been a major fan of her's, and Fozzie is so much more fun to write!

And you guessed it! Floyd is on his way into my little story.
My favorite favorite Muppets vary from time to time (My top six favorites (in no order) are Floyd, Gonzo, Janice, Miss Piggy, Animal and Fozzie). Currently, my favorite favorite is Floyd. :sing:

MollyArriba

Reaction score
My favorite favorite Muppets vary from time to time (My top six favorites (in no order) are Floyd, Gonzo, Janice, Miss Piggy, Animal and Fozzie). Currently, my favorite favorite is Floyd. :sing:
My third favorite Muppet is either Floyd, Janice, Camilla, Sam the Eagle, or Scooter. My second favorite is VERY much Rowlf, then obviously, my favorite of the favorites is Gonzo.

I don't even bother mentioning Kermit. I can't really measure how much I like him because I know without him, there wouldn't really be much of Muppet group.

MollyArriba

Reaction score
This one took a little while to get down. I'm not all that good with members of The Mayhem, but I did my best. It's pretty short, but it was fun to write.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 6 (or really 5.5)

“Ah, Floyd, glad you could make it! Hey, I’d like you guys to meet this week’s guest star, Molly Kaying.”

My face went hot. I wish I could have said something hip or clever, for standing in front of me was the entirety of The Electric Mayhem. I found out in that moment that meeting one Muppet at a time was a piece of CAKE. Meeting all five of the biggest rock’n’roll legends the Muppets had to offer? It nearly knocked me out.

“Hello,” was all I could think to say; I could’ve kicked myself.

“Oh, wow!” said Janice, her head weaving as she spoke, “like, Kermit, you didn’t tell us she was going to be here today!”

“Why, if we’d been privy to the knowledge before the moment of currently, we might have prepared more pizazz for our pending performance,” grumbled Dr. Teeth.

“Wha?” said Zoot, stirring from wherever he’d been, “Yeah.”

“Well,” said Kermit, “seeing as our guest star will be here to watch you perform, I guess you will simply have to ADD the pizazz.”

“Oh, no doubt, frog, no doubt. What me and my band mates are trying to lay down is that a little sharing of the information would not go amiss,” said Floyd, swaying forward as the frog went to check the sound.

“In-for-mat-ion,” moaned Animal, breathing heavily.

“Is he alright?” I asked; it was not the Animal one expected

“Oh yeah, he’s fine, just a little tired after his exercise,” said Floyd, holding up the chain that was strung around Animal’s neck.

“You took him for a walk?”

“More like he took me for a run.”

“But aren’t you tired?”

“Why should I be, all I did was hold on; my feet never touched the ground, Ka-
hehehehe!” Floyd headed for the stage, laughing, Animal in tow.

“Like, yeah, you gotta know, Molly,” said Janice, following Floyd and Animal, “like, if Floyd doesn’t take Animal out for a run before a gig, you know, he plays like waaaay too fast for the rest of us to keep up, fer sure.”

“And our playing is unintelligible at the best of time, heh heh heh,” growled Dr. Teeth as he settled himself behind his keyboard.

“Oh, rully,” laughed Janice, tuning her guitar.

I sat back in my chair in awe as Zoot slowly made his way to his place on the stage; I was going to watch The Electric Mayhem perform, live. I was so excited I forgot to be star-struck.

“Hey, Floyd!” I called up to the stage.

“Yeah?” said the bass player.

“What song’re you guys doing?”

“Uh… Hey Teeth, what’s the name of this tune again?”

“One moment, my pink friend….” said Dr. Teeth, reading the sheet music, “I do believe it is, “Little Drop of Poison,” by – “

“Tom Waits!” I chimed in.

“Tom Wait, Tom Wait, YAH!” screamed Animal, whacking his head on his drums.

“That’s the one,” said Floyd, blinking at me, “You know it?”

I laughed, “It’s a great song. Super chill.”

“Oh wow!” drawled Janice, “Like, totally groovy, Molly.”

Floyd nodded, “Yeah, you’re one cool cat, Ms. Kaying.”

“Well, coming from you, Floyd, I think that’s the final word on the subject.”

“Alright, alright!” hollered Kermit, “Sound is ready, lighting is good! Alright then, whenever you’re ready, Dr. Teeth, we are rolling!” Kermit bobbed over and sat next to me.

Dr. Teeth grinned, “Alright! Two, three, four –“

(if any of you guys want to hear the song, here’s a link:
There you go! I hope it’s worthy of The Mayhem!)

Dr. Teeth started them off on his keyboard. Floyd and Janice began picking the strings on their respective instruments when Floyd started in on the vocals, Animal keeping time in the back. Janice threw her vocals in with Floyd for the chorus, Zoot blowing his sax.

I sat mesmerized as they played; I’d never witnessed or heard anything like it. I knew, of course, that the instrumentals had been prerecorded, but these days the vocals were done live a lot of the time. It was amazing! I couldn’t help wondering why they didn’t tour. They were so in sync with the music, you couldn't hardly tell it was a playback, and Floyd's vocals were so soulful, they just belonged where a crowd of millions of screaming Muppet fans could hear them.

They played about half the song when they all stopped; Floyd looked around and nodded. Janice and Zoot nodded back.

“Alright, I think we got it!” called the director.

I stood and cheered madly, “That was amazing!”

“Why thank you, young missy, heh heh heh!” said Dr. Teeth, his golden tooth catching the light.

I plucked up a bit of courage and said, “Hey, do you, uh, do you guys have any tips for me? You know, on staying in the business?”

Floyd glanced around at his band mates, then said, “Okay, you want to stay hip in the business, my wide-eyed friend? Don’t take a gig offered to you by a frog.”

“Fer sure.”

Kermit scrunched up his face again, and this time I didn't even bother trying to not laugh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there you have it! I did my best to give love to the :big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo:

I hope you enjoyed it. I hope I can do more soon.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Awesome chapter!! I thought you did fine fleshing out the personalities of the Electric Mayhem.