How can someone hate Elmo?

MollyArriba

Reaction score
I love Elmo to tiny little felt bits. The thing is, I love Oscar, Big Bird, Telly, Baby Bear, Zoe, Bert, Snuffy, Ernie, the Count, and SO many other members of the Sesame Street gang more.

Elmo is spectacular and a wonderful little monster, but he has like a fifteen minute spot all to himself every episode, and part of me wishes that someone or something else was given that time.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Elmo is spectacular and a wonderful little monster, but he has like a fifteen minute spot all to himself every episode, and part of me wishes that someone or something else was given that time.
..."Elmo: The Musical" is going in that slot this season...

MollyArriba

Reaction score
..."Elmo: The Musical" is going in that slot this season...
You've GOT to be kidding :insatiable:

Haha, well, I guess he is a major favorite amongst the kids. The love that red devil! I don't blame them, I love him too.

Drtooth

Reaction score

Any character in the same 15 minute plotless segment full of blunt repetition on one subject would probably be bad in it. It was a pretty poorly designed segment. The only highlights were the E-mail from another character and the channel of the day cartoons. Compare that with Abby's Flying Fairy School, a segment several minutes shy of that run time, and it goes by quicker due to the fact it has a plot and engaging characters.

I hope Elmo the Musical is just as engaging as Abby.

MollyArriba

Reaction score
I hope Elmo the Musical is just as engaging as Abby.
There's something about Abby's Flying Fairy School I can't stand. I guess it's because I'm not used to seeing her.

But you're right, the emails are great!

Convincing John

Reaction score
The age that Elmo's World is intended for would be satisfied with a test pattern.
And Lloyd Morrisett's 3 year old daughter watching test patterns was one element of many that eventually led to the beginning of Sesame Street. It almost seems like things have come "full circle" in a sense.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Yeah, there's been a lot rumors circulating as of late that Caroll hasn't physically been able to perform Big Bird hardly anymore, but I don't know if there's any truth to any of them; I DO know for a fact if any time Big Bird is roller skating, that definitely is Caroll, as Matt has said he draws the line at roller skating, and that's really the only thing that he can't do as Big Bird, so whenever Big Bird needs to roller skate, that certainly is Caroll.
First up, the rumors are just that. Rumors. Mainly when you see Matt's BB, it's either in green screen shots or if they have a BB and Oscar segment. Caroll still plays the bird and he was performing him right up to the last day of shooting last year. That I guarantee because my wife and I were watching them shoot this scene from Hooper's Store on May 19, 2011:

(Wow, could I tell you guys stories about that day! I know why Leela's in that green, fuzzy outfit, the guy performing the Guy Smiley-ish Muppet with the X is Matt Vogel, Marty Robinson shot a short video there for his blog...so much to tell...)

And Caroll will be there to play the Bird this year. You bet he will.

You're right about the roller skating. It's Caroll every time!

Sorry I changed subjects (as this thread is about Elmo), but since someone asked about Caroll, I had to jump in to nip any rumors in the bud.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Elmo thread.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Mainly when you see Matt's BB, it's either in green screen shots or if they have a BB and Oscar segment.
I remember back in the day (2000s, lol), you could clearly tell a difference between Caroll and Matt's Big Bird, even without listening to the voices: Matt's Big Bird seemed to have a rather larger head (and maybe slightly smaller eyes) compared to Caroll's Big Bird. That, and I've notice Matt tended to add a little extra bounce to Big Bird whenever he would emphasize or punch out a certain word or syllable.
If that were a real Broadway musical, I'd take my kids to see Ripley's instead, lol.
Yes, I myself am a music lover... that's why I oppose this kind of stuff. XD