Pre-Order Sesame Street Old School Volume 3 (1979-1984) coming to DVD 11/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The A&E special also had some behind-the-scenes footage of current episodes (at the time) as well, like Ernie's Instant Rhyming Game, the hurricane episodes, as well as a look at the writing staff's beginning of the season conference, Stephanie D'Abruzzo presenting Lulu to the writers, among other things.

Hubert

Reaction score
YAHOO! (You guys all know what comes in the parentheses if you know me by now...)

This is terrific news, and shocking news at that. I thought the old school sets would never be continued...

zns

Reaction score
Well well. This is quite a big surprise. I figured that because of all the hype about the previous having the subliminal messages about the sets not intended for today's generation of kids, Sesame Workshop would not be able to release more sets. This sounds like a dream come true for all us Classic Sesame Street fans. We'll definitely have to stay tuned for future details as well as a release date. :wisdom::grouchy::stick_out_tongue::frown::insatiable::super::batty:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that at least four Kermit segments show up in these five episodes.
Looking over the contents of the season premieres again, turns out I was wrong. I mistook these season premieres for the season 16-20 premieres. This set should have at least two Kermit segments, both of which are news segments (The Elves and the Shoemaker and The Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe).

The A&E special also had some behind-the-scenes footage of current episodes (at the time) as well, like Ernie's Instant Rhyming Game, the hurricane episodes, as well as a look at the writing staff's beginning of the season conference, Stephanie D'Abruzzo presenting Lulu to the writers, among other things.
It's a shame those were not on the 40th anniversary DVD (then again, considering that behind-the-scenes footage was shot when the A&E Biography was being made, maybe A&E owns the rights to that behiind-the-scenes footage). They'd be out-of-place for a DVD set focusing on the 1979-1984 years.

It would be great if this set could have some sort of tribute to Jerry Nelson. Maybe a short featurette, even if the clips are limited to what's on this set.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
YEEEEEEESSS!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!! :excited:
I am so excited!!
I have been waiting for this for years.
HOORAY FOR WARNER BROS. & SESAME WORKSHOP FOR RELEASING OLD SCHOOL: VOLUME 3!!! :wisdom::grouchy::laugh::batty:
WHOOPIE!!

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
The Season 12 Classic Cuts section would be perfect to showcase all the Muppets who never caught on (I'd love to see some Deena and Pearl and Warren Wolf and the original Elmo)
Yeah! Me too!

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
This is really great, amazing news! :smile:

I only hope this isn't instead of 'Best of Friends'.

Status
Not open for further replies.