Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sesame Street doesn't play anything past the past 2 years.
There's a conspiracy right there...

Both Noggin and Sprout started out playing older SST material (Noggin airing MUCH older), but not only did Noggin end up giving Sesame Workshop the shaft in general, Sprout apparently also only plays current seasons now.

Again, maybe it's just me, but I smell a conspiracy here.

Drtooth

Reaction score
SW somehow doesn't give its own audience any credit. They think that the 2 and 3 year olds will be completely baffled by not seeing the same 40 episodes over and over.

Hubert

Reaction score
SW somehow doesn't give its own audience any credit. They think that the 2 and 3 year olds will be completely baffled by not seeing the same 40 episodes over and over.
Hey, one of the ideas when conceiving the show was repetition so that children could learn things... :smile::stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well actually, THAT is something that dates all the back to the golden era of television... why else do you think most Saturday Morning cartoons only lasted a season or two? Because even they figured out that kids like seeing the same thing over and over and over again (like how they insist on hearing the exact same bedtime story every night even though they've heard it a million times), that's why most Saturday Morning cartoons would have been produced for one or two seasons, but the networks would keep re-airing the seasons over and over again for years.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Well actually, THAT is something that dates all the back to the golden era of television... why else do you think most Saturday Morning cartoons only lasted a season or two? Because even they figured out that kids like seeing the same thing over and over and over again (like how they insist on hearing the exact same bedtime story every night even though they've heard it a million times), that's why most Saturday Morning cartoons would have been produced for one or two seasons, but the networks would keep re-airing the seasons over and over again for years.
That's a really good point. Though all this time I thought Saturday Morning cartoons lasting a few seasons had to do with lack of popularity.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's a really good point. Though all this time I thought Saturday Morning cartoons lasting a few seasons had to do with lack of popularity.
Budget also plays a role in it too, at least with the case of almost all of Sid & Marty Kroffts' shows, they were always over-budget on their shows because the money the networks gave them didn't even begin to cover the costs to make all of those ellaborate and complicated puppets and sets and everything.

Hubert

Reaction score
Season 16 is on its way soon, and I want to mention something. This season, there's gonna be a new character appearing in one of the episodes named Ladonna Compson...and well, remember how D'Snowth was saying about how they seem to be making characters too human looking lately ? Well, they apparently took his advice, because a pic of Ladonna reveals that she is a bit too cartoonish...(at least in my opinion):

Drtooth

Reaction score
Season 16 is on its way soon, and I want to mention something. This season, there's gonna be a new character appearing in one of the episodes named Ladonna Compson...
It's very sad for me to say this, but considering this is the way the show's been going I have to ask:

Okay... what's WRONG with her?

I found it out. She's not teaching kids about another disorder or disease or whatever... however, her episode debut is about her being a habitual liar making the episode a complete ripoff of the Fat Albert Episode "Lying," where a kid keeps telling not at all true stories.

Also, we're getting a new animation studio and production company that (and I know this) specializes in Flash animated programming. They're alright, but the last thing I want to see is Flash animated Arthur.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's very sad for me to say this, but considering this is the way the show's been going I have to ask:

Okay... what's WRONG with her?
AND, is she going to be a new addition to the cast, or is she just a one-shot character? Because between all the background characters promoted to supporting fixtures (Fern, George, some of D.W.'s classmates, Pal and Kate), and new characters over the years (the Molinas, Binky's new little sister), Elwood City's getting a little overcrowded.