Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Drtooth

Reaction score
AND, is she going to be a new addition to the cast, or is she just a one-shot character? Because between all the background characters promoted to supporting fixtures (Fern, George, some of D.W.'s classmates, Pal and Kate), and new characters over the years (the Molinas, Binky's new little sister), Elwood City's getting a little overcrowded.
Re-read my post... I edited a LOT of info on it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Also, we're getting a new animation studio and production company that (and I know this) specializes in Flash animated programming. They're alright, but the last thing I want to see is Flash animated Arthur.
That's the ever-persistent, yet rarely welcomed fact of life known as "progress".

They're probably looking for ways to cut costs making the show. Personally, this doesn't effect me even the least, I stopped watching new episodes maybe 2004 or 2005... I've tried giving new episodes a chance, but they're just terrible: the inconsistent voice actors, the tired writing, etc. I wouldn't be too awful sad if they ever ended the show, which I don't believe they're ever going to: it's now officially the second-longest running animated series on television, but it's well past its prime.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah, and the first longest running animated series on television is suffering just as much

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And I think most people are wanting it to end so badly, it's like every few years or so, rumors keep surfacing that, "Oh, it's FINALLY ended in the next two years".

It seems like a lot of people want Family Guy to end too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Also, I've dabbled in Flash before, and it's going to be near impossible to animate the show in it's signature style in Flash: those outlines have to completely close what you're filling, otherwise, that's going to be a big problem.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So wait...they actually are going to be switching to flash?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't think there's a single cartoon out there that's even remotely drawn or animated by hand anymore. Next to this, I think Ed, Edd n Eddy was the last cartoon that was hand-drawn.

A lot of artists on the internet don't even draw by hand anymore, they either use tablets, or that Muro thing or whatever it's called.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
But there is a difference between being inked digitally and animated in flash..

Phineas and Ferb is a hand drawn cartoon, but it is colored digitally

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's the ever-persistent, yet rarely welcomed fact of life known as "progress".
It's going to severely hurt the look of the show. There's a lot of shows that are flash, but there's an awful lot that are just digitally colored and hand drawn animated (by Koreans, but still traditionally drawn). Curious George enjoys some very fluid digital traditional animation to sort of Ape the look of the movie (no pun intended). And that's also WGBH produced. Of course, George is also produced by Universal. Still... I wonder where Crappy Jar is in all of this.

To say the least...

I'm not happy.

It seems like a lot of people want Family Guy to end too.
Seth MacFarline wants to end it. No kidding. But Fox has dollar signs in their eyes. he even wrote a pretty sizable complaint that appears at the beginning of the third Star Wars parody episode.

But Arthur should have had ONE more season produced by Cookie Junk to end the series. I was never quite happy when 9 Story took over Cyberchase. And that show seems to have petered out on an unsatisfying ending, even though they set up some real show turning around stuff. They had a rival for Hacker and everything. That would have been awesome to finish the series off. Now all that's left is fan fics of what COULD have been.
Oh man... here's the potential episodes, by the way...

Wow... they sound awful. The one about Francine being a web video... that's TOTALLY pilfered from an episode of Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends.