Speculation: CW interested in Muppets?

Aaron

Reaction score
They wouldn't need to clear music rights to air MFC. The tv rights from the original still stand.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking...about the tv rights...my bigger concern would be as someo mentioned earlier all the comercials that air during show these days...but that might be more of an extra 1/2 hour scheduling thing rather than editing...would love to see it air with the scenes missing from the video and dvd releases....

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the whole network is bluffing. :stick_out_tongue:
Expressing interest in something and actually doing something are two different things. Sometimes, things out of network control can stunt a project. Look at the Wonder Woman pilot NBC ordered and then dumped. It was terrible (supposedly), and it would have killed them in the ratings and have been a big setback for WB, especially with their DC comics film and TV brand.

A New Muppet special can be ordered by CW, but the actual making of the special falls onto Disney. If they can write, film, and edit something by November then this is plausible. If not, the network is only at fault for promising something they can't really deliver on their own, even though most of the problem will lie with Disney if they either pass or deem they can't finish it in time.

Beauregard

Reaction score
If not, the network is only at fault for promising something they can't really deliver on their own, even though most of the problem will lie with Disney if they either pass or deem they can't finish it in time.
Well...considering that they merely promised "more Muppets" based on their original airing of a previous Christmas movie produced for another channel, I think they'd probably be making good on their promise even if they just aired LTS again to be honest...we'll see.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I didn't really need a long speech but my point is is I ain't throwing a party thinking were gonna get a new special when in reality we mostly likely aren't. Like I said I will be really surprised if it turns out their doing something new. However I am still sticking with its gonna just be MCC or even LTS again.

And yeah since I have just good thoughts about Disney anyways. :stick_out_tongue:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Haven't heard anymore news have we? I really don't think it's a new special. Probably just a rerun of a previous special.