Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Madagascar 3 on the other hand, was great but not the best. It's story was good but I prefer the first or the TV series anyday. Stefano stood out however. Julian was funny as ever. But the story was a little all over the place and rushed. Alex's love story wasn't that interesting though, nor Melman and Gloria's. But, overall it was a great and an okay addition to the franchise.
Well, Melman and Gloria's was a side plot point established in the second film, and they were just continuing with what they had there... but I agree about Alex. The Jaguar herself was a very flat character to begin with. A token female character that had some attitude for a while. She wasn't very interesting at all.

Hayley B

Reaction score
*as I said in another thread* I want to see Hotel Transylvania . I keep thinking I would like to see this one more then Frankenweenie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hotel Transylvania does look interesting, and I'm sure it's probably pretty good, considering apparently Genndy Tartakovski is behind it... however, I'm not too impressed with the voice cast they got.

Hayley B

Reaction score
^ So far. Adam Sandler sounds pretty good. But not the best. *just listening to the trailer*. Maybe more like when he did Opera Man.

I know Selena Gomez does the daughter.

That's all I know so far or who I heard.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Is Steve Carrel not in the movie, I heard a voice in the movie and it sounded a lot like Gru from Despicable Me, I thought he was doing that voice...:confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We got Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg, Selena Gomez, David Spade, and Fran Drescher to name a few.

Kevin James is in it too, but he's kind of lost his credibility in recent years by doing those kind of lowbrow movies over and over again.

I think CeeLo Green and Jon Lovitz are in it too, those are a couple of perks... CeeLo's okay by me, and I love Jon Lovitz.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't really like the look of the movie...not my kind of humor, I don't really find fart jokes and bathroom humor, which is pretty much this movie has to offer. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Isn't that just about all off-brand CGI animated movies offer anymore? Well, I guess some of the better CGI movies are guilty of that, DreamWorks seems to like to rely on that kind of stuff from time to time.