It's Time To Get Things Started

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
You're welcome, Animal'sBunny! I loved your story. It was fantastic, except the ending which was good. It was really amazing! Thank you for sharing your story.

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
You're welcome, Animal'sBunny! I loved your story. It was fantastic, except the ending which was good. It was really amazing! Thank you for sharing your story.
Yeah, Im gonna work on the ending and post an alternate better version another day! Thanks! :big_grin:

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
OK, so a couple of people have mentioned that the ending was a little rushed and not great and I agree 100%. I don't have school today so I have plenty of time to re-write Chapter Five!!!!! I hope you like it!!!!

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
Chapter Five (alternate version: how it really ended)
Auditions were finished two weeks later. Some new cast and crew members included Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Hilda the wardrobe lady, Sweetums and Thog.
There was a week until the show aired for the first time.
Kermit was on the phone with Rita Moreno's agent.
"Yes, of course she'll get a good pay. No, no one's going to eat her. Well, I can put that in her contract anyway... Yes! Thank you! I'll see her next week!" He hung up. "Sheesh, this guy's crazy," Kermit said to Fozzie.
"You know, I knew a guy who was so crazy that-"
"Save it for the Show, Fozzie," Kermit interrupted.
"Hey, Kermit," Floyd said coming up to him. "Can you get everyone into the audience. Dr. Teeth wrote the lyrics for the theme song last night. It's to the music of that song we auditioned for you with."
"Of course Floyd. Help me round everyone up."
A little while later, everyone was in the audience.
"Now, Kermit," Floyd said. "Everyone else already knows all the lyrics. They all have certain parts to sing, you just tell us what you think."
They started to play and the Muppets started to sing.
"It's time to play the music, it's time to light the lights. It's time to meet the Muppet Show tonight. It's time to put on make-up, it's time to dress up right. It's time to raise the curtain on the Muppet Show tonight."
They continued playing, but no one sang.
"Stop!" Dr. Teeth cried. "Why is no one singin'?
"Cause, it's, like, Kermit's turn, dude," Janice replied.
"And no one gave him his Q-cards?"
"Oh, sorry, man," Zoot said, leaning over and handing Kermit a Q-card.
"Now, please, continue,"Dr. Teeth said.
"To introduce our guest star, that's what I'm here to do," Kermit sang. "So it really makes me happy to introduce to you... Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem YAAAAAYYYY!"
"It's time to get things started on the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, muppetational this is what we call the Muppet Show!"
"MUPPET SHOW! MUPPET SHOW!" Animal yelled as everyone clapped.​
"That was great!" Kermit said. "Good job, guys."​
"Boss!" Scooter called, running over to him. "I had an awesome publicity idea! Why don't we give away tickets to the Muppet Show on the radio! Everyone'll hear about it! And no one's got tickets for the balcony seats yet!"​
"Well, I don't know, Scooter," Kermit said.​
"Oh. Well, my-uncle-who-owns-the-theater thought it was a great idea."
"You know what, Scooter, why don't we give away two free tickets for life!" Kermit said quickly.​
"That sounds great!"​
:wink:
"Hello everyone, welcome to the breakfast show with Mike and Liz. We've got some tickets to give away this morning. Two free balcony tickets for life on the Muppet Show. Caller number nine will win them. Good luck. You may start calling... now!" Mike announced.​
Commercials for dog food and scuba gear played on the radio for a few minutes.​
"Hey everyone! We're back!" Liz said. "And lucky caller number nine is... Mr. Statler! Congratulations, sir! Your tickets will be mailed to you shortly!"​
"Well, Waldof, we won!" Statler said.​
"Very nice alliteration."​
"Thank you."​
"This show will be a nice chance to get away from Astoria for a bit," Waldorf added.​
The old men laughed.​
"This show should be good," Waldorf said.​
"Yeah, but if it's as good as Teddy Fletcher's party after World War One, I'll eat my hat. Remember that party?"
"No, not really, considering you locked me in the cellar to keep me away from Martha Wayne," Waldrof replied dryly.​
"Oh, yeah," Statler said, and he laughed. Then he got up.​
"Where're you going?"
"To see if Martha Wayne's as hot as she was in 1918."
THE END​
Hope you liked the real ending better than the original!!!​