When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But when I told her how rude it was the best she could come up with was "Well I didn't think you'd mind that much."
Well, considering you considered her a best friend, she probably felt that was decent enough of an excuse... I mean, how many times do you hear that from someone like that?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Good point and because we were best friends I think she thought I should feel special she ditched me to hang with other people. And then she was like "I can have other friends too." I was like o_o

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah... that's probably a sign a friend is not exactly a very good friend if they're like, "Hey, you got other friends you can hang out with".

I mean, if they ditched you to hang out with someone like a boyfriend/girlfriend or whatever, that'd be a little more understandable, otherwise... nah, that really don't wash.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
You know if this had been someone I just casually hung out with on occasion then it wouldn't have bothered me that much but this was someone I grew up with. And then she accused me of being jealous I was like I dont care who your friends with the point was is is we had plans and instead of asking can we move them to another time or even just saying I'm sorry for what I did you just saw nothing wrong with it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know if this had been someone I just casually hung out with on occasion then it wouldn't have bothered me that much but this was someone I grew up with.
I have that EXACT same problem right now. I know I'm always complaining about having not heard from my favorite person in a year now, but the problem is I like her. That's the problem, because there are other friends I don't hear from for extended periods of time as well, and it's no big deal, but when I don't hear from her for a long time, it is a big deal.

Of course, part of the problem too is that she really drops off the face of the earth for no rhyme or reason... others I at least know why I don't hear from them as much, whether they're swamped with work, college/university, life in general, etc, and some, like my best friend, at least do make an effort to try to contact me every once in a while, and they'll even say, "I know we don't talk very much anymore, I'm sorry, but I'm so buried over here...", which is fine... but with She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, there's NEVER an explanation of why she goes into these prolonged hibernations, she never reaches out to me, I have to badger her, and then if I finally get a response, it's like a, "Oh yeah, hey, what's up?"

Then again, her social skills do seem somewhat askew, I think it has to do with her childhood... that, and she's so OCD about the boyfriend she lives with, that she's probably always clinging onto him, so... whatever.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I mean, if they ditched you to hang out with someone like a boyfriend/girlfriend or whatever, that'd be a little more understandable, otherwise... nah, that really don't wash.
Seriously? If you made a commitment with someone then you honor it or think of an excuse that doesn't involve making someone else feel ditched. I don't care if you want to hang out with your boyfriend, you told me that we are hanging out. Thats just as rude if not ruder to say you are going to hang out with your boyfriend/girlfriend instead.

And don't get me started on people who ignore you to text to their boyfriend/girlfriend when they said they would hang out with you. If all you are going to do is sit there, ignore me, and text away, why bother agreeing to hang out anyway?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Have you tried to tell her this? I mean how you feel? I don't know her so I cant say too much but sometimes people are unaware of what their doing and dont realize how it's affecting other people until its brought to their attention.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That happened to a friend of mine her best friend pretty much ditched her for her boyfriend and then ran off and got married and didnt talk to her for years. They have since patched things up but that was a hard blow because after it happened it took her a long time to start trusting people again or even get close to them because she thought if she did they would just take off. I think she thought I was gonna do the same thing when I got engaged that after being married I wouldn't have time for her but I assured her that wasn't gonna happen and I've been married almost 3 years now and have always found time to hang with her even if it's not as much as before because she has since moved and is an hour away but the point is is we make the effort.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have you tried to tell her this? I mean how you feel? I don't know her so I cant say too much but sometimes people are unaware of what their doing and dont realize how it's affecting other people until its brought to their attention.
Well, I don't want her to think I seem like I'm desperate for her attention or anything...

Hubert

Reaction score
See, now here's another rant of mine... EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN' THREAD ON THIS FORUM GETS MUFFINED ANYMORE!

I like a little muffining in moderation, that's what MC is known for, but does every single thread that's started have to turn into a muffin fest at the drop of a hat? Watch...

*Takes off cap and drops it*

*Muffin explosion*

See?

I've noticed a couple of others have kind of been asking for a tone down as well. I mean, we have threads that are basically created for the nature of muffining, it'd be nice if it all didn't spill over into other threads.
I feel like I don't have room to talk here, as I often contribute to muffining, but I do admit that we have been going overboard lately, almost to the point that some muffins I completely have been avoiding...and believe me, that's a first...