New Digital Sesame Street albums for download

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't think we have a thread for , but in addition to releasing old albums on iTunes and such, since last December, they've started making new albums:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sesame_Street_Discography#Download-only_Albums

They're all compilations of previously released songs, but "Elmo's Dance Party" includes one new song ("The Elmo Slide"), so I'm hoping that they make some albums with NEW material on them. There's so many great songs that haven't been released and deserve to be ("What I Am", "I Wonder", "Change the World", "It's Raining Cookies", the list goes on!).

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, there are several new ones that just came out including the Sunny Days Collection, Summer Games Collection and Travel Songs.

Sesame Workshop has been releasing a set of show episodes since Season 35 available for download on iTunes and also Amazon. I've always wished that in a similar way, Sesame Workshop would release one new compilation album per season and it would include the best of the new songs for that year. It would be a great way to get new songs out there (without recording anything extra with the cast) and it would provide a great new annual album that casual and die-hards would love to have. Then when songs like "Share It Maybe", "Measure Yeah Measure" or "I Love My Hair" get press coverage Sesame Workshop has them available for folks to download and they can generate some much needed revenue.

There are also a few Sesame albums from the 70's and 80's that have yet to see a release in digital form. Hopefully they are coming soon.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki there's going to be a halloween album, once again containing only albums from previous releases.

What I wonder is what's the point of only including songs from past albums on digital-only releases? Most of the past albums are available to download on iTunes. It seems like it'd be more appropriate for a physical album to only have past releases (and I do feel a little surprised in saying that). Why not include some newer songs, including songs sung by Abby Cadabby? There's a lot of great classic songs that have never been released on any albums, like Imagine That and I Love My Elbows, not to mention that it's been almost a decade since the last new album release, and a lot of memorable songs have come out since.

Maybe they don't expect kids/parents (the ones who don't check Muppet Wiki and such) to check the track listings for every album online. I know that there are also iTunes-only compilations of other artists, which I have found weird as well. When I download songs on iTunes, it's always just a few individual tracks from various albums. I've never downloaded any full albums on iTunes.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki there's going to be a halloween album, once again containing only albums from previous releases.

What I wonder is what's the point of only including songs from past albums on digital-only releases? Most of the past albums are available to download on iTunes. It seems like it'd be more appropriate for a physical album to only have past releases (and I do feel a little surprised in saying that). Why not include some newer songs, including songs sung by Abby Cadabby? There's a lot of great classic songs that have never been released on any albums, like Imagine That and I Love My Elbows, not to mention that it's been almost a decade since the last new album release, and a lot of memorable songs have come out since.

Maybe they don't expect kids/parents (the ones who don't check Muppet Wiki and such) to check the track listings for every album online. I know that there are also iTunes-only compilations of other artists, which I have found weird as well. When I download songs on iTunes, it's always just a few individual tracks from various albums. I've never downloaded any full albums on iTunes.
I think because it's cheaper. I'd love to have some albums of newer songs; they put the Elmo Slide on one, why not the rest.